Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Business philoshophy from Philosopher

Hi!
    Someone said more than 2000 years ago, "Ars longa, vita bravis"
    Ask for the meaning, because I'm sure you don't know it. It is tought
    only at the best Universityes in the world. They have the money, the
    labs, and the brains. As I noticed your research project is seeking agressively quick and easy profit. Your professors encouriges you, but they
    don't know about real life. Most of their knowledge is from books and theoretical. You want to do a research but your questions are wrong.
    Even if you got the data requiered, you have no disision making experience
    from real life. If more people are involved, they have difference in opinion,
    and views could be influenced by feelings. Also as many things in this life are
    circumstantial. Also ignorance is noticed to other members ideas, you think
    your project didnt occured in any member mind?
    For your info Fisher from Germany had years ago a simple plotter, lather
    they stopped production, for some reason. They have the money, the sientists, and the market risearchers. Sherline has some cnc retrofits,
    and people buy them, because those mills can cut steel accurately.
    With a smaller machine you can produce a larger one. To be honest, I never seen any useful product, which small homemade mills made for years surfing,
    expect wooden decorations, foam signs, model aircrafts. Even the bigger machines for 10000$ cant really produce usefull stuff. Cnc stands for high speed accurate duplication, if you miss it out from your research. A lots of items produced on Cnc you can mass produce with jigs, once you have it. In woodworking accuracy is not that critical, cause property of wood. Now to compete against Sherlaine mill for example you need servo drivers for speed,
    linear bearings for accuracy, and you are aproaching with your costs their mill price. Also there are legal things involved, someone can sue you, who has more money than you, some crazy lawyer, or worst paraligal who has all
    the time on the world to go to trials. For patent or copyright infragment.
    If you are after money, study banking and financing. You will achive your
    goals quicker and the latin sentenc woud loose its meaning.
    Rossz the Philosopher

Ars = skills or technique
    longa, = far / wide / long
    vita = way of life
    bravis = to see

To see / experience life will expand your horizons? The school of life, in other words.

Is this what you meant?

-- Chuck Knight

"art is long, life is brief"

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ArsLongaVitaBrevis

Hmmm...the latin-english dictionary didn't help much. :-) Oh well...

-- Chuck Knight

Rossz
    "Ask for the meaning, because I'm sure you don't know it."
    A little harsh (further comment restrained).

I, for one, am curious about the results of the market research. Now, certainly an inexpensive CNC machine won't sell like toilet paper does, but it is indeed an interesting question Now that solid electronics are available, and more and more people are learning CAD skills, CNC can benefit from the economics of scale. Unlike toilet paper, though, one size does not fit all, so either several versions would need to be produced, or one modular version that could be built to several different sizes and configurations, allowing many of the same parts to be used in each version to take advantage of those economics of scale.
    I noticed that you didn't ask in your servey what size of machine would be most suitable for the potential purchaser. A critical decision if designing a machine for the market.
    I am looking forward to the results.
    Colin

Philosopher fights back

Hi everyone!
    I just wanto reply to Chuck, but I got restricted, so lather I'll reply with email. Second thing is about this thread, the competition is hanging around.
    The poor students may not know it...They should ask questions like Can I build it better or cheaper? And the thrut will win. You will have a business.
    For the apprentice the message is this :those who knows, they dont ask. My knowledge is for serving menkind.
    Anyway the cheap cnc machine should be around 50$ everything included. And soon my cheapest cnc will appear fully legally protected against industrial theft and serial production. but free for hobbysts.

Ross the philosopher, the cnc builder, the farmer, the buisnessman, the artist, the paralegal, the bricklayer, the lover of cours etc.

(As His Blood Pressure Rises) Patrick Writes:

Hey.....Didn't there used to be a button for reporting posts to moderators on the bottom of every post? This is the first time I've ever wanted to report something and I cant find the button!

Joe CnC:

I'm anxious to read more about your original subject. As for me, I wouldn't buy at any price because the "Building" is the objective for me. I guess I'm just not part of your market.
    Patrick;
    The Sober Pollock

The button is at the upper right corner of each post next to the number.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Thanks, I didn't realize what that ICON was.
    Patrick;
    The Sober Pollock

Hi !
    Here I expressed my critical views, looking at big picture. My attentions are noble, I always support the thrut and the facts. If anyone recognised himself in may texts, I
    ask for deep appology. The thruth can bring down the biggest empires, for a simple reason, people are corupt beings. No need to expell me, because my replays are thread related, serv the goods of all. So I mentioned about cheap mill, it may be sutable for commercial stuff. Not the common design, not the common nut, but
    the unique way to align accurately and quickly the sliding bars with hardvare store slotted flat plate. So let it bee my small contribution to this hobby, while guys abowe
    critisising others. Its free to copy, use, manufacture.
    Best regards Rossz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imag0010.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12