584,865 active members*
4,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New member

Hey everyone;

New member, used to be a full time machinest (20 years ago) now just hobby stuff making telescope parts etc. Presently have a Craftex 10x18 Lathe and will pick up the CT129 Milling machine this week after a 4 month wait! (Busy Bee stuff) Any ways good to be part of the community, look forward to posting questions and pics!

Welcome Welcome
    what Provence do you hail from?
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

Bummer machine

Well I finally went to pick up my CT129 Craftex Mill and after asking the store (Busy Bee) to unpack and check the mill out... What a suprise! It would not turn on! Turns out the start up switch was faulty... (Among other faults I noticed) I got my money back and now have decided to buy a smithy's machine instead. Good old USA stuff(No more made in China Crap) As this was the second faulty machine purchased from Busy Bee they will no longer see any of my business.A (nuts)Truly dissapointed customer!
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada

Welcome,
    I recently bought a busy bee craftex 7x8 minilathe. The first one wouldn't start, so I took it back in a cab ($90) I'm on disability so my impatience cost me. Anyway, got the second lathe set up & started cutting, gradually increasing the depth of cut 'till it was working good, humming along. Then smoke started coming out of the motor and it quit and wouldn't restart. Took it back (on my electric scooter & skytrain), got another one and eventually, after several stalls, it wouldn't start. They told me to ship the motor & circuit board back to Toronto and also said that this was my fault. I went to CNCzone instead, and thanks to the great bunch of guys here I got directed to Uncle Rabid's site among others. Found the problem (the pot), and fixed it myself. I was beginning to feel bad, that it really was my fault, so it was refreshing to read your post. I had to practically rebuild the entire lathe but I didn't mind, it isn't a hardinge. Anyway, all the best to you.
    Colin (basalt).

wow guys I have been in busy bee a few tims to buy tools and have looked at there stuff and thought would be nice to have a small mill but maybe I should rethink.
    basalt sounds like you are another fellow lower main lander. I can't imagine lugging something like that on the skytrain its hard enough to get a large shopping bag on there some days.
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408