584,850 active members*
4,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Would like opinion on cimatron

Would like opinion on cimatron

We are thinking about switching from surfcam to cimatron for are programming and electrode extraction needs. We would like to hear some opinions from programmers that use cimatron. The demonstration we seen was very impressive but can it do what they clam. Thank in advance for your opinion.

Cimatron is great software. Definately a step up from Surfcam. Great intelligent toolpaths. I highly recommend the switch.

I highly recommend Cimatron. I used to use Mastercam and glad I made the switch. I just wish the translators for it were free.

i use cimatron for electrode design , i only use they electrode feature for very complex 3d electrodes , that i cant design miself .

it's the best cam i ever used,

i used mastercam for about 8 years, edgecam for 2 years, tried esprit for about 6 months,

ciamtron kicks their buttttt, once you use it you will start calling mastercam, mastercrash, hehehe,

you can do a program load it to the machine, start it and walk away, come back and it's all done exacly as you programed it, i love this cam,

Been using it for 8 years, used Camax and smartcam before. The best all around, good updates, phenominal support. Toolpaths are safe and efficient compared to the rest of the pack. Good investment. We do prototypes, injection molds and also use it for pruduction parts.

I've been using Cimatron since 1998. I've also used WorkNC and Powermill. All are great 3d programming platforms. I love Cimatron because it does 2d and 3d with ease. I know Powermill requires some extra steps to perform some simple 2d tasks. I haven't seen WorkNC for quite a few years, so I couldn't say.

I'm currently running programs created in Surfcam by others, (our programming department) and I am not impressed. Crashes happen frequently, toolpaths are not even close to what I could create with Cimatron. I suspeft some of the problems are with the programmers, though. I would highly recommend Cimatron.

İn my opinion Cimatron is very easy.I am a Cimatron user of five years.We use it Hot Forging Molds with3d surface machining. Only define surface and contours.It creates toolpaths in a few minutes.I recommend certainly.

I am also a reformed Mastercam user... Cimatron is awesome and would highly recommend it! I use the Mold design, Electrodes and NC modules. It really does a great job and is worth every penny.

Powerful in mold design, but too too expensive.

"too expensive"? Perhaps too expensive for signmaking but certainly not too expensive to use for building quality injection molds efficiently in the US.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk