585,977 active members*
4,080 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Networking Centurion 7

Today I opened the control on my Cent 7 and found that it had a networking input on the motherboard! I find it hard to believe that Milltronics would want $900 for the Realtek drivers to activate it?? Has anyone had experience with doing the upgrade?
    The control has an open 3 1/2" bay, it may be just easier to install a internal zip drive. That should take care of the slow upload time going through the parallel port.

Its been so long since I've messed with DOS...

The network option that Milltronics sells is worth every penny! It is very nice to post your CAM output directly to a server and instantly access it with the run menu!

If you want more information please read all the old posts on this feature. And please try to only post one thread on a specific topic, it gets to be a lot to wade through.

Welcome to the Milltronics forum! :wave:

Cheers
    SF

Just today I'm attempting to get a centurion 7 setup on a Windows 2003 server domain. I am getting error code: 5

Anyone able to get this done before?

You must disable SMB signing in order to network to a Windows server 2003. Please see the attached document on how to disable SMB signing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The installer gave me a sheet showing us how to disable the microsoft network server and Microsoft network client. This was done. We also setup a user on the domain for the centurion 7. I also setup the centurion 7 as a workstation on the domain. It sees the shared /parts folder which is on the root of the domain server but just doesn't think it has rights to the folder when it acutally does.
    The installer was unable to get this to work at another location last week (Same error 5). They ended up installing it on just a workstation.

We want to install it on the server as we have spend $2k on a network version of surfcam.

Got it working. Had to disable the SMB signing on both the:

Domain controller security policy

and

Domain security policy

Both have these settings and I only did one of them (controller) and it didn't work. Once I did this also to the domain secrutiy policy it worked.

Good to know that you were able to get the machine and server to communicate! :cheers: