585,875 active members*
3,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Beeping VF-2

Beeping VF-2

This is my first post on the forum and hopefully someone else has had this annoying problem. I have a 2006 VF-2 which recently had the video card replaced because of lightening damage that occured due to the RS232 wire being plugged in. At least that's what the Haas people said. Since then while the machine is on, either runnung or idle, it beeps randomely (like pushing one of the buttons) for absolutely no reason. I called Haas and they have no solution. The beeping has no effect on the machine functions but it's really annoying listening to it all day. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

i've heard of this with customers who have a Probe the probe picks up static noise and beeps. if you have a probe unplug it to see if the noise goes away if it does buy a cheap noise filter from radioshack and put it on the probe cable

Thanks for the reply but I don't have a probe on the machine. The beeps are very erratic and there seems to be no pattern or outside cause to the problem. I've used high frequency welders around my cnc equipment and never had a problem. Like I said, the whole problem started after the video board was replaced.

Try setting 39 (beep at M00 M01 M02 M30). If that does not make a difference then you can simply take the back panel off the control and unplug the speaker.

HEY WE HAVE 3 MINI MILLS AND 2 OF THEM DO RANDOM BEEPS. NEVER HAD REPLACED BOARD WHAT WE DID WAS TURN THE VOLUME KNOB DOWN(BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN). THE PARAMETER CHANGE WILL NOT WORK I TRIED THAT A LONG TIME AGO. 1 STARTED TO BEEP THEN ABOUT A MONTH LATER ANOTHER ONE STARTED BEEPING

Hi I have TL 3 that does the same thing, when I had a cooling fan failure it beeped like hell, I replaced the fan and it stopped for a while , now only dose it intermittently....dam nuisance so if you solve the problem lets know cheers Peter

I've got a Haas TM1 that beeped only with the key pad, but it was still enough to drive me nuts. So I pulled the back pannel off and undid the speaker. Problem solved...:rainfro:
    Poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part.

I wonder if the random beeping could be due to a bad keyboard, perhaps one bad key, or a keyboard controller problem?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I know this post has been done since 2008 but we have a Super Mini Mill that has this random beep problem aswell. Has there ever been a solution other then unplugging the speaker? It seems to happen more often when the humidity is higher if that helps.

Thanks

I ended up finding the problem completely by accident. When I got the machine new, it still had a protective film over the front of the control from the factory. I left it on for as long as I could to protect the screen and keyboard. Over the years the film was slightly sticking to some of the keys and keeping them half pressed in. The keys would contact randomly. Thankfully they weren't buttons that would have effected anything. So if you have any protective film over the keyboard, yank it off and it should solve the problem.

Beepng

Be aware, please, of one more thing that causes beeps.
    With machines to Europe or domestic since January, there is a door lock.
    It unlocks at end of program or when spindle stops.
    It tells you it is unlocked by "beeping".