586,019 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > Auto cad 3d draw to g-code

Auto cad 3d draw to g-code

Im tired of googling and didnt found anything usefull, all software convert 2d draws to g-code, but i didnt found any program that do the same but with 3d draws, any way, i am new, i build a cnc machine, but the i cant belive that dosent exist any plug-in or soft that converts a 3d draw to g code, i need to know whow to do that, becouse i had to program a controll software for my cnc, so i need to convert the draw to g code, i am thinking that i am going to be forced to program a draw suit

you'll need to export an .stl, but look at www.meshcam.com or Cut3D at www.vectric.com
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

cut3d appears to be usefull, but, i dont know if i put something bad or something like that, becouse i draw a triangle in autocad 07 in 3d mode, an small entity, 10 cm x 10cm, and when i exported to a stl and loaded into cut 3d has askme a lot of thing, i think that i culdent be grong in the things that i chosee, becose was things like center position to start, material and stuff like that, but when i was reaching to the final steps, i played the toolpath and draw a triangule but with squares, one square upon an other, like a maya piramide (i dont know whow to say that in english :P), and i couldnt test the meshcam becouse my test time passed before i culd test it, what software are the best for autocad 3d to g-code?, i am downloading the autodesk inventor 11 with the espirit or something like that, the say me that espirit cam program could pick autodesk inventor draws!, i hope that i could export that drawings with spirit, becouse autodesk inventor is an amazing cad program, the best i has seen so far

Hello Jorgen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Cut3D - After reading your comments I'm not sure what problems you are seeing when using your sample stl file. Can you post more details or email the file to me - info (at) vectric (dot) com.

Tony

i think the little squares you are seeing is the path the tool is taking
    to approximate the shape of the triangle. you don't always cut an object in the same shape you see it. the squares are probably linked
    one layer at a time and as the tool follows the path it creates the object by removing the material around leaving just the "triangle"
    or i think you mean pyramid.

Post your geometry (3D) file here for help.