584,862 active members*
5,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Any 9x or 10x CNC lathes or CNC kits available?

Any 9x or 10x CNC lathes or CNC kits available?

I need a CNC lathe around this size, don't have the time nowadays to convert one, and need one soon, so I'm looking for something ready-to-run or a bolt-together kit that does not require machining any custom components, etc. 110V is much much much preferred.

So far, I know of Microkinetics, but they are tough to reach and deal with (they don't even return sales calls). Syil's C6 looks ideal, but I'm thinking it's pricey for what is supplied with is, and they don't offer it without the controller (as I was thinking I could use the controllers/drivers from my current CNC mill).

My conservative cost estimates are -- 9x or 10x lathe ~$1000, ballscrews ~$300, motor mounts, plates, belts, couplers, etc ~$200, steppers ~$200, wires/connectors/limit switches/etc ~$200. That's only $1900 so far. Can I get something that fits my needs in the $2500 range?

Cheers,
    -Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by cnczoner View Post
    I need a CNC lathe around this size, don't have the time nowadays to convert one, and need one soon, so I'm looking for something ready-to-run or a bolt-together kit that does not require machining any custom components, etc. 110V is much much much preferred.

So far, I know of Microkinetics, but they are tough to reach and deal with (they don't even return sales calls). Syil's C6 looks ideal, but I'm thinking it's pricey for what is supplied with is, and they don't offer it without the controller (as I was thinking I could use the controllers/drivers from my current CNC mill).

My conservative cost estimates are -- 9x or 10x lathe ~$1000, ballscrews ~$300, motor mounts, plates, belts, couplers, etc ~$200, steppers ~$200, wires/connectors/limit switches/etc ~$200. That's only $1900 so far. Can I get something that fits my needs in the $2500 range?

Cheers,
    -Neil.
    Don't forget power supply, drives, breakout board, cabinet and coolant supply.

Whoops, I didn't read close enough, it looks like you are planning to reuse part of your other machine.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by acondit View Post
    Don't forget power supply, drives, breakout board, cabinet and coolant supply.

Whoops, I didn't read close enough, it looks like you are planning to reuse part of your other machine.

Alan

Yep. IIRC my mill is using a 70V, 10A PS, 3 pretty good drivers which can do around 6A or7A, and I integrated the PC into the controller/drivers enclosure. This is another reason that using my own controller/drivers is a plus, because the PC is already intrgrated into it.

Cheers,
    -Neil.

BTW, I remember speaking with the guy at CNC fusion a few years ago, and he was planning to do a 9x CNC lathe kit, but looks like he still hasn't gotten to it.