585,996 active members*
4,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

libraries for eagle layout editor

I'm looking for libraries of the allegro parts used on the boards from Pminmo's site. I've been through the libraries on the cadsoft site but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the following devices:

sla7051
    sla7062
    a3977
    a3986

I'm learning to use Eagle layout and also learning to mill boards on a cnc machine. I could always use the excellent layouts already produced to chemically etch them but I'd like to mill them and learn to do it from the beginning. I'll use the existing layouts as a guide to what it should turn out to be.

Thanks to anyone that can help me out.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

I can only help with the A3986, this is taken from the A3986 thread, there are two packages that appear when you use it, pick the TSSOP .5mm

I would like to see you mill this one though, it is TINY, I used magnification to solder this, and beer afterwards to settle the nerves

The pic with the ruler was a test run of a PCB for this chip...

Russell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finish Etch001.jpg   Allegro002.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah.... that one I planned on doing with the old chemical etch method but I needed the lib to make the board. Thanks a bunch. I thought I had gone through that thread and picked up all the files posted but I must have missed it.

After looking at the pictures you posted I'm thinking I may have to take my metcal soldering station to work and solder that chip under the microscope. Thanks for the idea. :idea: I should wait until I get home to crack a beer open however.
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

It certainly was fun to solder(chair)

Are you making your own boards? I tried my own design but it isn't really my field of expertise so needles to say it didn't really work, actually it didn't do anything...not even catch fire...lol.

I will get back to it but there are too many other things I have to do first.

I used a hand soldering iron (Goot) 13W with a 0.2mm tip to solder the chip, it was actually easier than I thought it was going to be, I did one leg on opposite corners initially to hold in place then did the rest.

Then had the beer, didn't try the other way around, maybe next time

Russell.

I'm attempting to learn how to use eagle layout but I find things are easier to learn when there is a purpose driving it. Learned to use solidworks that way too. I'm not designing my own driver boards as the designs are already done and I really don't think I could improve on them. But I've built the breakout boards on Pminmo's website using the chemical etch method and I really want to get away from the chemicals if I can (of course the SMD stuff may still have to be done that way). So the goal is to lay the boards out in eagle (using the existing layouts as guides) and then convert to gcode for milling.

I actually like doing the small soldering jobs. I used to do fine pitch repair work. But I find as I get older the magnification needs to be higher. I have one of these. With a bunch of small tips for it.

That picture you posted looks awesome. Isn't that the result from printing directly to the pcb with an inkjet printer? I've considered doing something similar because I have a couple of HP inkjets that I don't use anymore but I need to finish a couple of projects first.

Yep the board was done with a printer, if you intend doing the same check your printer uses pigment ink, as this works well as a resist, dye based inks don't work, apparently.

The long version of my printer is here :

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30951

Sorry as it is a LONG read, but most of my mods are at the start. The Epson Durabrite inks are pigment based so work well.

Neat soldering station

I had a lot of fun milling boards with my router, may even do some more at some stage for kicks.

Russell.

Well, so far no replies for the SLA parts that I'm really wanting to get the libraries for. I looked up how to make part libraries in eagle so I guess that's my next option. I'll post them up if I succeed. If not I'll just chemically etch the boards and try to explain my failure to my kids.

Actually I should let my 10 year old have a crack at it. He'll probably end up making a better layout to boot...

sla7062 eagle libary file

Hello, have a look at this,
    http://translate.google.com/translat...7ADBF%26sa%3DG
    Look for the 3 axis sla7062 files for use in eagle

It is also in a thread I started,
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39900

This is all new to me, so any help with using the sla7062 ic would be welcome.
    I have a eagle libary file with sla7062 ic in it, let me knw if you want it & I could email it.
    Regards Tim

Hi guys i m new to this site...
    I m searching for latest libraries for use in eagle pcb layout editor.
    Can u suggest where can i find them?