586,024 active members*
4,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 5 of 15 34567
    Thanks Fernando,

Taney sent me that file, but your explanation was much better. I now have a bigger problem. Taney sent me a new files for the system card and when I loaded them I now get a system disk error. Taney is sending me a new system card. I guess I should not have deleted the old files before copying the new files to the card. Now I know that you should only over write the files. It looks Like Syntec puts a special code on the card that is deleted when you delete the files.

Mitch

Hello Fernando,

We don't appear to have received a message from you.

Please email details to - support [at] vectric [dot] com

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by cittadinilaser View Post
    Well again from Spain

I want to inform that Taney help me a lot and fnally I have my machine worling .,
    WE can change tools (8 ) and all is fine ,
    The only thing I need is a processor for Vcarve ., I want to use ut with Syntec .,
    I tried to contact Vcave support but they don´t answer .,
    anyone can help ?

Mitch ., abour your problem :
    I think you have a PLC problem .,
    We have same problem with tool number 4
    Taney explains me how to teach every tool the position they must go
    If you want I´ll try to explain to you .

Regards
    Fernando

About Vcarve

Dear Tony

Thanks for your attention
    Sorry for this input , a day after I contact with Mark Moran and he is helping about the processor for Syntec .,
    Yesterday I decided and buy Vcarve Pro ,
    I think is a very good investment for the money .,

By the way I´m using the processor " G-code ATC mm (.tap) and really I edit and added some lines .,
    Is working but I thing I must work something more .

Mark send me other but is not working OK .,
    I think it´ll be very intertering to make 100% a processor for Syntec , others in this forum can be interested .
    Syntec has normal G-code , but èrhaps as others has something special
    I´ll contact again Mark today

Thanks for your interest
    Cheers from Spain

Fernando

Just an update that our machine is all squared up and tool changes are working. Ready to start production.

A discovery I made on the weekend is that M175 code is for dust hood to lower, and M176 code is for dust hood to raise. There are 2 compact flash (CF) cards in the controller. The top one is system, and the bottom on is for user info. On the system card, there is a file in the MACRO folder called T0000. It was dropping the dust hood before tool changes cause the dust hood to collide and get bent on the tool holder rack. Swapping M175 and M176 in the T0000 file sorted it all out so that the dust hood is up for a tool change.

M6Tx

Hello Fernando,

I got my new system card and I'm back up and running. I have taught all my tool positions and I can change all six tools by the M6TX command. I have a question regarding how the spindle travels. When I input the M6Tx command The spindle goes to the tool gripper at the gripper hieght and travels down the whole length of the Y azis and picks up the tool and goes all the way back in the Y direction at tool gripper height before the Z axis is raised. Is this normal? If I had any tool in the gripper it would hit the spoil board. If I properly set the tool height will the Z axis raise up to clear the spoil board?

Any advise will help.

Thanks, Mitch

Mitch,
    No, that is not normal. When you MDI a M6 Tx command, it should travel along the Y axis to within 200mm of the tool rack, then lower the Z. Check parameter 2802, as Taney suggests. We have a 5'x10' table (or 1.5x3m). I 'believe' ours is set to 3200mm, which is about 200mm in front of our tool rack.
    Blair

Parameter 2802

Hello Blair,

Thanks for your help. I changed parameter 2802 to 3078 like shown in the attached picture. When I issue a MDI Tx command the spindle moves in the same way, all the way down the Y axis at tool gripper level. I have parameter 2801 & 2803 at 0 so I would think the Z axis should travel at 0mm Z height.

I'm beginning to thin my machine is cursed. Please advise if you have any hints.

Thanks, Mitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Par 2802.jpg  

Mitch,
    Is that parameter value supposed to be 3078 or 3078000? If it's supposed to be 3078000, that would cause the spindle to lower sooner than expected. You could try 3078000 with the feed speed % turned way down with your finger on the e-stop in case your gantry tries to go beyond Y=3078.
    Also, I can send you my tool change macro when I get home tonight, if you wanna give that a shot.
    Blair

Thanks Blair,

I changed the parameter to 3078000 with no difference. Please send me the macro you wrote and I'll give it a shot.

BR, Mitch

Mitch,
    I will send it when I get home (about 4.5 hours from this post.
    Blair

Blair,

Great, I'll still be in the shop and I can try it out right away. My email is [email protected]

Mitch

Tool Change Macro

Hi Blair,

The tool change macro worked great. I just had to inverse M175 and M176 because on my machine it lowered my dust hood when picking up the tool and raised it after leaving the tool gripper. I believe you had to change the M 175 and M176 in your micro on your machine to work. I guess every machine is unique. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll be asking the forum for mor help as I slowly progress.

Thanks, Mitch

The Light has turned on

Hello All,

The light has finally turned on in my understanding the Syntec controller and G code this weekend. . I can change all my tools, wrote a G code program to fly cut my spoil board, and cut fluted columns. I am sure I will be cutting cabinet parts out with cabinet parts pro by the end of the week.

I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the help you gave me. A special thanks to Gary (GVR), Spencer (BC-CNC), Blair (Wilfheir), Fernando (Cittadinilaser) and especially Rocket in getting the Excitech forum started.

By the way I think my Exitech is going to be a a Bloody Ripper!!!

Cheers, Mitch

Problem

Dear Sirs .,

I have a problem with Syntec .,
    It appears an alarm .,
    It says MLC 57

Any help ???

Thanks in advance

Cheers from Spain

Fernando

MLC 57

Hello Fernando,

That is an Emergancy Stop Error. Check the position of the 2 E stops on the machine and one on the controller. My Machine had a faulty E stop switch that caused that error when I received it. I fixed it by changing the wires to different terminals on the switch. If you have an OHM meter you can trouble shoot the switches.

I hope this helps.

Mitch

cabinetpartspro

mitch iam using cpp and love it ! i am about to use the new upgrade, how is it working for you

jim

Hello Jim,

I have cut some parts out and it seems to work great. I'm not sure if my post is right yet because I need to set my tool height on top of the material and not on top of the spoil board otherwise I'll cut through the spoil board. Also I wish I could do blind dados for drawer stretchers and back nailers for use of 1/4" backs. For the money it is a great program.

Mitch

Question Been a while now - How do you blokes rate the ATC

There are a few of you that have now had a couple of months to get used to the Syntech controller with your ATC Excitechs.

How do you rate it? Is it easy to use or complicated?

The reason i ask - We are very happy with our manual tool change Excitech, but are feeling quite vulnerable. You see our work load is increasing all the time and i panic that if our excitech were to break down - we would be up the creek without a paddle. Although we know that Taney would assist in the event of a breakdown, we do not know any technicians who could help us out at this end.

So we have decided that we WILL buy another SHM1530B Excitech. My son wants to get the ATC machine. I am concerned that it will be too complicated for us to learn how to operate the Syntech controller, and our work only involves changing tools a couple of times with each board that we router.

The money difference does not concern us. I intend to dig in my heels and stick to the manual machine.

What do you blokes suggest?

Thanks. Rocket.

Hi Rocket,

I'm going to chime in here, although I haven't got a Syntech controller, I have found that my router with a ATC spindle but with a manual tool change is far faster and easier to set up than the ATC machine at my previous job. It is a little bit slower on the tool changes (about 30 secs to 1 min when manually changing as opposed to 20 seconds with a full ATC router) What I really like is the ease of setup, I just setup 1 file for each tool and then run them individually with the appropriate tool.

FWIW

Shannon.
    Still having fun routering

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    There are a few of you that have now had a couple of months to get used to the Syntech controller with your ATC Excitechs.

How do you rate it? Is it easy to use or complicated?

The reason i ask - We are very happy with our manual tool change Excitech, but are feeling quite vulnerable. You see our work load is increasing all the time and i panic that if our excitech were to break down - we would be up the creek without a paddle. Although we know that Taney would assist in the event of a breakdown, we do not know any technicians who could help us out at this end.

So we have decided that we WILL buy another SHM1530B Excitech. My son wants to get the ATC machine. I am concerned that it will be too complicated for us to learn how to operate the Syntech controller, and our work only involves changing tools a couple of times with each board that we router.

The money difference does not concern us. I intend to dig in my heels and stick to the manual machine.

What do you blokes suggest?

Thanks. Rocket.
    Hi Rocket,

I had the same concerns. For that reason I wanted to have another controller than the Syntec. Our 1530 has a LNC 520 controller. How it works I can not say yet. We have to wait until it arrives. Taney says that it is easier to use. This controller has a few advantages. One of them is that you can hook it up to the internet and that it can be serviced from the other side of the world. Besides that it is just as easy to communicate with LNC as it is with Taney. I suggested Taney to provide this service because it is important to companies that are dependent of their machine. Would be a good selling point, well, it is for me.

Good luck with making up your mind.

Gerrit

Page 5 of 15 34567