584,846 active members*
4,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 15 12311

Excitech CNC - Syntec Controller Users

Just wanted to get a thread up for those of us with the Excitech - Syntech Controller.

Hopefully we can use this thread to share our successes and work together to overcome our stumbling blocks.

Our background info - received our 1530C the first week of May. It came complete with Syntech controller, 10HP HSD Spindle, 10HP Chinese Vacuum Pump, Misting/Cooling System & 10HP Compressor and Dust Collection Unit. We have since purchased RouterCad's AutoCabinets, MDF Door and Dovetail Drawer Software, along with Enroute 4. We have a 1800sq/ft shop which is also home to a 2000lb Sissor Lift Table, Cehisa EP-8 Edgebander and numerous hand/assembly tools. Our shop also shares a large cyclone dust collection unit with the woodshop next door. We are looking to add a 4-5000lbs forklift to the mix in the near future.

We have already made agreements with local cabinet shops to start cutting & assembling cabinets. Initiallly this will be our bread and butter product, while we work on bringing several other product ideas to the market.

Hopefully other Syntech users can provide simular snapshot of their operation so that we can get an idea of what people are trying to accomplish and with what equipment/software.

All the best,

Spencer.

hi spencer,

i ordered for 1325c with thesame specification with yours except that i insisted on german bercum vacuum pump and a 6 tool changer. since there is no cnc machine in my area here in abuja, nigeria, i have decided to visit china to learn a little about the machine. will be in china on the 6th of next month. the machine will ship from china this week. we also bought a vacuum/membrane press, a continous pressing machine, i will also pay for a top of the range edge banding machine from HSC china. we want to start pvc foiling of mdf and production of kitchen doors and wardrobe doors as soon as the machines arrive., the softwares you bought must have cost you a fortune, please kindly advise where we can get this softwares too especially the AutoCabinets and MDF Door. i believe your machine will make alot of money for you.

priestwood

Smile Knobology

How are you blokes getting on with the Syntec controller?

Too quiet on this thread. Many of us anxious to hear of your progress.

Rocket.

Knobology

Rocket,

I'm having my problems with knobology. The Syntec controller looks like it will be pretty robust, but I cannot figure it out. The machine seems to work great. I can home the machine and manually move the 3 axis. Beyond that I am lost. I don't know how to run a program even in simulation mode. I wish they sent a decent operation manual to get me started. They didn't send me a manual that shows the layout of the control panel with descriptions of each button or knob. I wasted hours just trying to find the right button for homing the machine. The Syntec Application manual that they supplied seems like it is designed for the machine builder and not for the machine user. I've asked Taney for help and he replied right away, but sent me the same manuals I'm having problems with. I'm in the process of finding someone that can help me figure out how to run the machine. I guess may brain isn't flexible enough at 56 as it was when I was 20 when I had success with knobology.

Anyway my machine arrived in good shape with a few issues.

1. had a faulty E stop switch.

2. the air compressor is wired for 380 VAC instead of 220 so it doesn't work. (Taney said he is sorry).

If anyone has had better luck with their Syntec controlled machine, please advise on any hints.

Thanks, Mitch

Unhappy Stone the flamin crows mate - not good news

Sorry to see that Mitch.

Ideally we need to find somebody who speaks good english and knows the
    Syntech controller.

Sounds like a crash course in the basic operation is called for.

I can think of several people that may be able to help. I will post a SOS on the camaster thread first. Jim`s friend Bill Glen may be able to advise.
    Then there is Chris Geldmacher who sells Excitechs in South Africa.
    Also maybe priestwood. I think that he went to China to buy his machine and may have been given a crash course while he was there.

I will make some enquiries. Let`s get this show on the road.

Rocket.

is this the controller

here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc-machining-center-04.jpg  

Not quite

Jim, there is a photo of the Syntec controller on the " Excitech CNC Router Purchase " thread. Mitch posted it on post no.2025 on the 20th June.

I did a google search and found a couple of manuals. One of them would have been the one that Mitch mentioned in his post. It is definately more of a technicians manual, and quite difficult to follow. The other one that i found may be outdated - but could still be useful for Mitch .....
    http://sunautotek.com.tw/downloadfiles/20080324174913

Also found a couple of other cnc manufacturers using the Syntech system - Centek 481-AE Multiax CNC
    - Amcotech cnc 900 i series

The Syntec Controller is manufactured in Taiwan. I am surprised that we cannot find a decent operation manual.

Rocket.

Mitch,

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I have been busy trying to get the shop set-up.

As mentioned before we purchased Enroute through RouterCAD, and they have supplied us with a post processor file for the 1325C. We were supposed to be trying it out today in an online meeting at 10am CST but last night I ran into hardware problems with the LAN port on our new computer.

The only help I can offer at this point was offered by another CNCZone member who suggested using the Fanuc post processor for the syntech controller as it is close and then modifying commands as necessary from there.

I agree the manual supplied by Exitech is really technical and does not include information on basic operations. My business partner is coming down to the shop this weekend, I have been hoping that together we can figure out the controller. If Taney offers any other help please post in this thread.

We will keep this thread posted as soon as we have something to update. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later.

Spencer.

Jim,

That controller looks like a Syntec controller with a different layout. It may be helpful. What machine is the controller for? I may be able to get information from the web on it.

Thanks, mitch

i found that

on one of the sites listed by rocket i googled it!!

i am finishing the up grade and am ordering new control setup (drivers etc.)
    and motors for my older camaster so i will be speaking with joey later today

jim

Syntec provides programming manuals and user guides for lathes and mills. You'd think they would produce a router specific one too.

Maybe there is some info here we can use.

Here's the links:
    http://sunautotek.com.tw/downloadfil...0324173714.pdf mill machine programing manual
    http://sunautotek.com.tw/downloadfil...0324174508.pdf mill controller manual

http://sunautotek.com.tw/downloadfil...0324173503.pdf instruction guide of Lathe programming
    http://sunautotek.com.tw/downloadfil...0324174314.pdf Lathe user guide

Alright im in the same boat also. I got my machine in a week ago, and getting all of the small issues repaired and fixed. I am also clueless on the syntec controller.

David

I stumbled across another syntec site I had not seen before.
    http://www.syntecclub.com.tw/SyntecHome/synproduct1.htm
    Still no operating manual unforunately.

It's like deja-vu, all over again.

Hello David,

As the Yogi Berra quote above states, it sounds familiar to my experience. Is your controller in English? Mine was in Chinese and Taney sent me instructions on changing to English. I can send you the file if you need it.

Good Luck, Mitch

Hello Wulfheir,

Thanks, this site was the first site I found that shows the exact layout of my keyboard. I plan to see if I can cross reference any information with the other documents I have. This is progress.... I hope.

Mitch

I just wanted to get these images into the thread.

Here are the pictures of the Syntec controller components that Exitech sent.

These are from the Syntec website.

I have requested more information from Syntec, will let you know if they reply.

Spencer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mhkwd View Post
    Hello Wulfheir,

Thanks, this site was the first site I found that shows the exact layout of my keyboard. I plan to see if I can cross reference any information with the other documents I have. This is progress.... I hope.

Mitch
    Mitch,

We have finally fired up our CNC today! Only been sitting in the shop since May.

We've made decent progress today with the Syntec controls, and will post a full write-up of what we have managed to do. The Syntec mill manual posted by my business parter (Wulfier) earlier has been much help as the controls are very similar.

We can home, jog, load G-Code & simulate the tool path (with problems).

We have two errors that we can't seem to get rid of, they are

MLC 72 Data Load Error
    MLC 79 Not Defined

Any ideas on how to clear them?

We also can't seem to start the spindle from the controller, we can start it from the VFD only.

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated.

Spencer.

Hi Spencer,

I'm glad you are up and running.

MLC 79 is no air pressure. You need to hook up air pressure. I believe if you do not have air to the router you cannot hold the tool in the spindle.

The MLC 72 Data Load error is that you do not have a tool in the spindle. If you press AUX 4 it will lift up the dust hood. Put one of the tool holder under the spindle and press AUX 7 that will hold the tool in the spindle. Press AUX 7 again and the tool will be released.

I get a MLC Hint 8 error also, which Taney said was to do something with air, but it clears by hitting the left arrow under the monitor.

You can turn on the spindle from the controller I have attached a picture of what buttons control the spindle.

If you can give me a hint on loading G code and controlling the spindle in VFD ? it would be great.

Thanks, Mitch
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mitch,

Thx for the info, did you get those error codes from Taney? Is it possible to get a copy of the error codes if you have them?

I'm not in the shop now, but we loaded our own programs from a USB flashdrive. I'll try to tell you from memory, I can confirm tomorrow. I think f2 brings you to the 'Programs' section. Then I think it's f8 to get to the file manager. Arrow down to usb drive and you hit enter. Highlight your NC file and select copy. This will copy it onto the local drive of your controller. Now that it's on your machine you can call it up from the "run" menu, which i think is f4 if I recall correctly. Once you are there, i think f1 opens the 'select file', then you can select your file.

If you select MDI on the control panel and go into the "Run" menu (f4) you can input MDI(f3) and run single lines of code. "M3 S10000" should start your spindle at 10000 rpm and "M5" is stop. Hopefully that will help with trouble shooting. We'll check the forum tomorrow when we're in the shop and be able to provide some more stuff we've manage to figure out.

Our controller had about 10 test files already on it that china test ran, you should be able to call those up and cut those to test the machine, if you're having issues with your own files.

Thx for your help.

Spencer

Spencer,

Thanks, this will help. The error code file that Taney sent me is to large to attach so I will send you a personal email with it. I'll be in the shop tomorrow trying out my new knowledge.

Thanks, Mitch

Page 1 of 15 12311