585,942 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Door Interlock override ? 18i-TB

Im trying to get to open my door while my programm is running to save time, I presently just unscrew the lock on top, but would like to know what to do and where to go to set the door parameters. I went to parameter D4044 to set the value to 1 but it says its "write protect". anyhelp would be greatly apreciated.

YARKONE

I am not familliar with the 18i-TB, but on my older Fanuc controls, there is a physical screw terminal in one of the IO boards which you can jump out - which effectively bypasses all of the door switches.

New or old, I'm sure there is still a similar terminal on an IO board on your control. If you have the wiring diagrams that came with your control it will tell you which terminal number it is, and you will be able to figure out what terminal number is used for the common to jump it to.

Try going into MDI, Settings, set Parameter Write Enable to 1 (ignore the alarm), then set your D4044. When finished, set PWE to 0.

Thanx alot Im gonna try these on monday morning.

I have always been led to believe that D4044 was for electrical cabinet interlocks. All the machines we sell/sold use keep relays to enable/disable the interlock for the work area. Your best bet would be to look for the signal in the PLC for the door interlock, it may be as simple as turning off a keep relay.

regards, Oz

Depending on the machine tool builder, it may not be simple process (like turning off a PC parameter bit). For example, on Mori Seiki machines, dealer will not disable this for you unless you sign a waiver (releasing the dealer and builder of any liability for any accident/injury caused by disabling this safty feature). And on Mori Seiki it is not a matter of just turning off a bit. It requires ladder modification (the ladder itself is password protected). I think it might be best to talk to the dealer/builder.