584,802 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dyna Dynamyte DM3000 cnc lathe

I'm looking at buying a used Dyna Dynamyte DM3000 cnc lathe. What should I be looking for as far as wear on the machine?

I've never used a cnc lathe or one this small. Is this a difficult machine to learn to operate? Other than its size, what are its limitations? Does it have any annoying problems? Does anyone know when they started to make them or how much they cost? The Dyna website doesn't seem to have much of anything that I could find.

Thanks,

Cliff.

Hi Cliff,

I see that you bought the DM3000.
    How was the condition overall?
    Was the SKIP controller still working or was there some upgrades done to it?

Timothy

Aaargh!

Tim,

I've got a real can of worms with my DM 3000 situation. No sooner had I sent off my checks and the owner's wife cashed them than she filed for divorce and tied up the lathe in court. I thought that I had done a fair job of protecting myself before I sent my money. I checked on the guy - steadily employed in a good position for 6 years with the same company, lived in a lovely subdivision in Ann Arbor, MI., excellent credit rating, etc.. Looked safe, so I told him that I'd buy it. Shoot, everything went to hell in a handbasket. To make matters worse, the guy lost his job too. I've filed a complaint with the USPS, but they take forever. So, as of now I'm making do with my old Logan 820 lathe.

By the way, the reason that I was interested in this particular DM 3000 was that it had belonged to a college, and they had completely redone the electronics and installed Mach 3. Plus, the tool changer worked great, and the rest of the lathe had not been overworked. By the time I get it the lubricating oil will have solidified... ;-)

Cliff.

Thats horrible.

Any chance of taking a sheriff down to the guys place and seeing if you can pick it up?
    You paid for it, it should be yours.
    Do you have a receipt?

Timothy

PofP? Yes...

I've got our emails confirming the transaction and bank copies of the canceled checks. The only problem is the distance. He's in Ann Arbor, MI, while I'm 15 minutes south of Houston, TX. It's a lousy situation.

Ann Arbor, MI is just outside Detroit. I was there four weeks ago picking up an eddy brake for a project.

When stuff like this happens it takes the wind right out of your sails.
    I hope it works out for you soon.

Timothy

If anyone is going to the Ann Arbor area...

...I'd love to have you drop in on this guy to see what is happening. I'd be happy to pay for your time too.

Yes, this kind of stuff really hurts. What makes it even worse is that I offered to pay for the shipping and that was the end of our contact. I cannot put down in writing what I would like to see happen to this fellow ;-)

By the way, the guy's name is Kade Ricketts. His father owns some kind of shop in the Ann Arbor area. Anyway, if you see an ad. trying to sell and DM 3000 with this guy's name attached to it - beware.

Cliff.

DYNAMIC PLASTIC CNC PLASMA

Please read where you are posting. This forum has nothing to do with a lathe!(chair)

You know, I never even noticed.

I went to the main page of DynaCNC in the CNC Plasma and Waterjet Machines section and I did see quite a few postings for Dyna Mechtronics mills and lathes.

Maybe I should ask CNCZone to add another section to the CNC mill section.

Timothy