585,885 active members*
6,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > RFQ: Small (3"x5"x1/2") part from dimensioned drawings in Aluminum or stainless

RFQ: Small (3"x5"x1/2") part from dimensioned drawings in Aluminum or stainless

The part shown in the image is one of four parts that I would like to have rendered in aluminum or stainless steel. This is the most complex of the four parts. I can provide only 2D dimensioned drawings and you would have to either redraw the object in your CAD software or program it directly into your CAM software.

I have a 1.5MB .zip file that I will send you if you PM me with your email address. It contains 1:1 dimensioned scale drawings in pdf format as well as a detailed description of the parts and specifications in a Word document.

I'm looking for one set of the parts as a prototype. The 'production run' will be limited to about 3 to 9 sets. Each set has four parts. Two of the parts are like the one shown, the other two are not as complicated. The number depends on the cost per set as more are made. (feel free to suggest a price for up to 15 sets if you like, but I don't think I can use more than that).

I would like to have an estimate of the cost and time to make the parts.

This project has been discussed here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59915
    and here:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59938
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Middle plate perspective.jpg  

Hi octathorpe

I have sent a PM I checked your other posts & not a problem I will put at least a
    .020 radius on all the sharp corners, & it will be done in a cam program which is about
    a 15min job to program my be less
    Mactec54

Just a thought.
    Would drilling a hole and fitting a short sleeve for each O ring in a flat plate give what you require. A spacer plate around the perimeter the thickness of the compressed O rings to make up the height.
    This way you would be sure the O rings are all seated at the same depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Just a thought.
    Would drilling a hole and fitting a short sleeve for each O ring in a flat plate give what you require. A spacer plate around the perimeter the thickness of the compressed O rings to make up the height.
    This way you would be sure the O rings are all seated at the same depth.
    Thanks for your comment. I suppose this could work, although I have to put it under some stresses and also do a hardcoat anodizing and I'm not sure how such and assembly would stand up to that. Also, I would guess that it would increase the cost rather than bring it down. Still, it is an option that I will consider if the first prototype doesn't perform correctly.

I do product develpment AND presentation as well as CNC machining. I use TurboCAD for presentation purposes as it has an excellent materials editor which is what you need for your various metals rendering. I own my shop and my equipment so my rates are vary reasonable. My web sihgt is http://conceptualmachining.com and my email is
    [email protected] I could not PM you, dont know why but please chech out my web sight and lets colaborate by way of my website email so we dont take up the air waves. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks. Mike.

This is now closed

This request for quote is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by octathorpe View Post
    This request for quote is now closed.
    After a whole day of waiting for quotes? It takes me up to 2 days for my anodizer to get back to me! Geez.

I hate waisting my time.