584,862 active members*
6,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > Sodick EDM machine Model A7C with MARK XI Control - Start up problem

Sodick EDM machine Model A7C with MARK XI Control - Start up problem

We have a Sodick EDM model A7C with MARK X1B contol. The machine was kept idle for few months. When it is made on now, it is booting ok. But, when trying to do zero return, the axis does not move and gives various error messages like Heat stop by overload press ack key, Touching limit switch on stroke end (over travel ) press ACK, etc. When I press ACK key, the error does not go. I want to know, whether this problem can be due to parameter loss. Can anybody provide parameter settings for this control ?

can you jog ANY axis? just a plain 'ol manual jog....

or do you get the same heat stop error, etc......?
    Registered Linux User #348337
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Even manually also can not move axis. The same type of errors come and it can not be reset. When I do zero return, the error comes, but the particular axis display keeps counting, eventhough the particular axis is not physically moving. We do not have any user's manual for this machine.

try this,

source up machine, then power on

now see if you can push an axis, i know, i know th A7C is a huge machine, but try anyway....if you can move the axis by pushing on it, then you are not getting power to the servo motors, start checking the servo drives, power supply, fuses, etc.....

i do not think that parameters (or the lack of) would keep the machine from doing a simple jog......i may be wrong tho...

also, i should mention that since the machine sat for a few months, maybe there actually is a heat stop occurring, so check to see that the axis move freely and they are not sitting on a limit.
    and check the leadscrew oiler........

hope this helps
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Thanks for your information. I will try as per your suggestion. I already saw LEDs on the drive on.

After few trials, it is not booting properly. It is asking how many files (0-15)?.May I know the cause of it and how to rectify this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by rajappa View Post
    After few trials, it is not booting properly. It is asking how many files (0-15)?.May I know the cause of it and how to rectify this problem ?

check the battery on the cpu board in the nc rack
    EMC2 Rocks!!!!

Thanks for your information. The voltage of the battery located in CPU board shows 3.64 V, which seems to be ok. Whenever I power on to PC, It either asks 'how many files (0 - 15)?' or 'No system files'. System and user floppies are already loaded to the respective floppy drives. Whether this problem can be due to system floppy not good ?

get me the software version and the machine serial number and i will see what i can do about getting the boot disk for you. I have seen these machines act up from the batteries being bad. I work manily on the mark25 controls and up but i can can ask the older service people about this issue.

Thanks for your technical support. Sodick service personnel have confirmed that the system and user disks are corrupted and suspect a control card defective in NC rack.

Hola buenas tarde saludos desde México yo tengo el mismo problema