585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New V22 Patch on the way
Page 5 of 7 34567

Enhancements?

Mr. One

With all due respect - your reply is appreciated but lacked any usable content.

Exactly what is going to be changed?

Any update on the timeframe for the release?

Enhancements? In the software development organization I worked in we had a joke. Our releases never had bugs - only undocumented features.

hi guys.....How are u all......You are enjoying the thread???
    I hope this new patch comes out as soon as possible, but i don't think it will comes out early in next week... So be patient..and take all thing easy...

I am also working on a software...as soon it comes out you all are my potential customers...I hope you will able to get most out of it and will not go for justice...

If you have a little mind and can't use its functionality it will be ur fault not mine..and it will be insult of my 100K lines of coding more than 5000Hr;s of time spent on it...

I hope u will understand and will buy it as soon as its release..For every body who buy one i will give two free of cost..

Clockwork, I appreciate the candid requests. I can answer some of the questions here, but the bulk of the answers will come with the update.

Exactly what is going to be changed?
    There are several things that we have been working on doing including:
    1. A fully functional and usable Tool Library.
    2. Resolutions for pocketing.
    3. Additional error handling.

Any update on the timeframe for the release?
    I thought that I had answered this question already, but we are aiming for early next week, this may change over the next few days. We wanted to get in some additional error handling before release.

I hope this handles your questions. If you would like to PM me feel free.

Regards,
    Chris R.

V21 WAS A GREAT UP-DATE.V22 IS WELL JUNK. I USE V21 AND LET V22 TAKE UP IT'S SPACE,THAT COAST THE COMPANY A SUPER COMPUTER WHEN THEY CHANGED THE SPECS NEEDED TO RUN THE THING(???????)

I am starting to think that bobcad is not even fixing the problem or even trying to.

I do think that they may be working on another v23? I am willing to bet next v23 has problems selling. I know that I will save my money for something else and advise my friends to do the same.

oops

You want the other thread: We Want Your Feature Requests

This is the: I'm wishing for the V22 patch in this hand while I watch the other hand fill up thread.

still no fix huh

Cool Chris...You guys have been around for a longtime but,

I have faithfully stayed with you through 18, 19, 21, 2007 - 22. One reason is because I believed you can make a programming system that will be cost effective and reliable. However, I personally think that you need to look at a number of points.
    We all know it takes a lot of hours to learn a new system. More time than most of us really can spare. But, we spend it anyway for the reward.
    BobCAD is trying hard to give us what we want and make a profit doing it, and it doesn't help any of us if you fail.
    We are going to complain... sometimes without cause other times with cause.
    BC needs to go down two paths.
    Finish the patch, upgrade, fix, or whatever we call it... they are working on soon... and get it out. Also while on this path, revisit it when the pressure is off and tweak what was missed left for later(there is always missed stuff).
    The second path, which I believe is in serious need of attention is as to how you support the first 40 hours of the beginners learning curve. So you have to make us all pay alittle more on the purchase price. Complaints will go away and I'll bet your repeat orders will double.
    I once paid for, and went to one of your classes. It was a total waste of my time. I was told it was a beginner class when I signed up, but all that it was was a question and answer class for those who had already gotten things going.
    You need a real basic, first time starter, never turned on the BC class!
    Your CD's while good leave a lot to be desired for the first timer when it comes to learning the first steps. way to much info. You need to have a BobCad package CD already setup with everything loaded and turned on that should be. Don't give us any options to change things yet. Tell us how to do that stuff later.
    Lastly, with V22 as a starter, quit changing things every year and make what you have more user friendly for the next few years. If you don’t… someone else will someday. I'm moving my shop now but I will be contacting you soon.

Unhappy Right Chris ??? Continuation of last post...

It would not be hard for BC to creat a instruction CD that walks you step by step through basic program setup 4 or 5 2 1/2 axis drawings and post. Then 4 or 5 full basic drawings and post. They think they have, but they have NOT for us who are just basic users of computers.
    I have gone through all the "help instructions, the little example book, and 3 of the instructional CD's, plus two phone calls! The package still will not create code it just hangs up. The guy on the phone just had me do the same thing that was in the books, handouts, and CD's it still will not work.
    I downloaded the upgrades from 2007 to V22, it still will not work. The next step according to that person (If I understood correctly)is I will have to do a direct link over the web so that he can see what I doing and play around with my computer remotely.
    I'm working on it...so we will see...I have to assume my problems are NOT related to the bugs but me AND the lack of clearity in the instructions, written handouts and the ablitiy of both myself and BS support to communicate....Right Chris??? Sooo... Chris...assuming I not a complete dummy , what areas would you think needs fixing at BC?? Steve

Steve,

This exact situation has been discussed at length. There are a couple of things that we are considering, in order to provide those types of videos to the user. The end decision has not yet been made, but when it has been I will make sure that it is announced.

Regards,

What you are asking for might cost you $ from BC. I remeber when they sent a nice thick book with their software? Cheaper and cheaper but not the price. And even then it crashes after you are almost done?????????????????

Chris...

I assume you are referring to my post #91 and thank you. Sorry about the misprint, should have said "Then 4 or 5 full 3D basic drawings and post."
    Please if you would, comment on some of the issues and comments I made in post #90. I am very interested...

<sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by highspeedmazak View Post
    What you are asking for might cost you $ from BC. I remeber when they sent a nice thick book with their software? Cheaper and cheaper but not the price. And even then it crashes after you are almost done?????????????????
    Please give it a rest, would you? Geez...if you hate it that badly, get your money back and go buy something else and move on. Either that, or wait patiently for the patch to come out in a week or so (?) and if that doesn't work, then get your money back and move on. I'm sure that a lot of folks are in the same position.

Continuing to bash them over and over again only makes you look like a whiner. I don't mean any disrespect, but it's getting really tiresome to read all that crap.

Steve,

The response can actually be applied to both postings. In reading them I felt they shared a common thread: "I need to learn the basics faster and better.". This is one thing that is being reviewed. There are several ways that this can be done, but we need to figure out which will be the most effective. There will likely be a poll posted in the near future asking for opinions.

First thing first, we are working out the patch file. There were several things that we wanted to make sure we got right in this build. When it is done we will definitely be taking a step back to examine the issue of training and learning and put something in place to "empower the user".

Thank you for your feedback and consideration.

Regards
    Chris R.

i thought the v21 video was great just my 2cents

My Bob Cad experience so far

As a positive note, for what its worth, I have only had BobCAD about 3 weeks. I have no 3d cad experience prior to this version 22. I have enjoyed learning through the examples on the CD set, and through the books included. I have gone from nothing, to drawing a 3D, 9 spoke wheel for my Locomotive build, and generating G code to carve out a wooden pattern for casting.

There have been a few hangups and a couple of crashes, but I think it was due to running too many programs in the back ground. The guys at Bobcad returned my calls in a timely manner, and helped resolve issues within my computer system to help BobCAD run properly.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    .... The next step according to that person (If I understood correctly)is I will have to do a direct link over the web so that he can see what I doing and play around with my computer remotely.
    I'm working on it...so we will see...I have to assume my problems are NOT related to the bugs but me AND the lack of clearity in the instructions, written handouts and the ablitiy of both myself and BS support to communicate.....Steve
    Go that route. I was almost ashamed to do this, but it actually helped alot!
    they just magic mouse your computer, while they talk to you on the phone.
    This greatly aids in the communication issues, and you can both see the same screen, and wether it is the way you have gone about doing something(although it is very sensible) that isn't working, or if in fact, it is the software.
    Admittedly, there are some problems with the software, but I have been shown how to get around these issues via linking with support. It is a fantastic tool....don't be afraid to tie up their time. Just look at how much you are wasting trying to figure the things out yourself
    ....and you paid your tech support fee!!!

How much longer for the fix??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Page 5 of 7 34567