585,760 active members*
3,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New V22 Patch on the way
Page 2 of 7 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    Hello all,
    I did say that we were very close to releasing a significant patch for the V22 system and indeed, we are. At this time we are resolving an issue with the patch and the installation of the Lathe post editor at 1:15 pm EST. When this is resolved, we feel confident that we will be able to release the patch successfully. The goal was to release the patch this week. With tomorrow being a major holiday we may have to wait until next week and I am sure that everyone understands this. When we release the patch there will be a posting of all resolutions, enhancements as well as any KNOWN issues that are still being worked on. I have been following the threads and think that it is a good idea for you all to be FULLY INFORMED. I appreciate those statements and requests. Please be patient with us on the patch release. I will come back here and provide another update before the day ends. Thank you.

CNC Dude
    Edit/Delete Message
    Hi Chris,

Can you provide the link to the V22 patch? I have been searching with no luck.

Thanks,

Alan

NOT RELEASED

Alan
    You can't find it because it has not been put out yet !!
    "I'll keep my gun, my ammo, my money, my freedom and you can keep the "CHANGE" !

Do you think that since they cant get their product to be stable that maybe they should offer to buy it back?????

I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that we are working on getting the patch uploaded to the web.

We are trying to ensure that there are no problems for the end user when it comes to getting this build installed. We ran into a couple of small issues with missing files that needed to be addressed before release last week. We have those squared away and are testing the patch file itself today.

We understand everyone's need for this patch and also understand the need to make sure it all works seemlessly upon release. It is to this end that we work. I will post an update here if the patch file is not ready by the end of the day.

Regards,
    Chris R.

Thanks Chris

Update Status

I wanted to poke my head in here and just let everyone know what is going on with the patch file.

We are still working out some small issues with the installation of the patch file. There seemed to be an error over-writting some of the existing files with the newer files. This resulted in the system being inoperable. We will be working through the night to get this squared away and will attempt to upload it to the update page (www.bobcad.com/updates) first thing in the morning.

As a side note: We are providing the next Build in two different forms. One will be the patch file, as previously mentioned, and the other is a full install, for those that need to do a complete reinstallation of the program.

I will pop in in the morning to let you know it is ready.

Regards
    Chris R.

Chris,
    Thank you for the update on the patch and thank you and the rest of the team at Bobcad for making sure that everything is going to work properly in both the program and the install. Now, since you mentioned two releases, can you explain why you would only need to install the path and/or why you would need to do a complete install? Or is the complete install just for those who wish it put it on a new computer? Thanks again for working on this with us, I really think that V22 is a great leap in functionality and ease in programming, especially the 3-D functions that it has. I look forward to having a fully functioning product for you guys. Again, great job with the feedback and follow throughs.
    Dave

The reason for the two files is a "just in case" measure. If for some reason the patch fails, for example you have Build 812 installed and not Build 946, the full install will allow you to update to the most recent build without a bunch of hoops to jump through.

It is also going to be used in the case of a corrupted file on the system.

More details will follow. Have a good evening.

Regards,
    Chris R.

I would like to see just one fix. That works. This software is a great idea but was realeased way to soon. There is nothing like making a huge program and after 30 min into it "shut down". Please fix soon but most importante FIX IT FOR SURE.

Cncdude,

How many programmers do you have at Bobcad?

Do you have a list of the bugs that the patch fixes?

Do you have a partial list?

Update

Once again we ran into a slight delay on the update. It was not released today because we found some issues with installations on drives other than C:\. We will be working through the night to get this update finished. We appreciate your feedback and will get this wrapped up as quickly (but correctly) as possible. I will be back here in the morning to let you all know where the status of this update is.

Regards,
    Chris R.

Polite Suggestion: BobCAD should do a better job of managing expectations. Try to under-promise, over-deliver. Instead of keeping everyone on edge waiting anxiously for the patch, just tell us it's going to be out next Friday 7/18/08. Then, if you happen to get it done early, you look like the hero!
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

Quote Originally Posted by tikka308 View Post
    Polite Suggestion: BobCAD should do a better job of managing expectations. Try to under-promise, over-deliver. Instead of keeping everyone on edge waiting anxiously for the patch, just tell us it's going to be out next Friday 7/18/08. Then, if you happen to get it done early, you look like the hero!
    I believe that's known as the "Mr. Scott Philosophy" (Beam me up, Scottie...)

To Command John
    If that was aimed at me, I'm afraid you misjudge me, my friend. Lackey? Never have been one, never will be one. But I do believe you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. There can always be a diplomatic solution, if you show a little patience and respectful honesty and constructive criticism when needed. If you don't believe me, then check out my post #42 here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...t=60321&page=4.
    I think that by trying to work with people rather than bashing them non-stop, we have a better chance of getting the results we want.

BTW......The Mr. Scott response was from an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, where Scottie advises Geordi La Forge to not give the captain an honest answer so that it makes him look like he can work wonders...exactly as tikka308 describes. I guess you're not a Trek fan, or you would have recognized that. I'm a bit of a geek in that regard....but I don't apologize for it.

All the Best....

DonW

Forum Host person....you may delete this if you feel it appropriate. Thanks for keeping things clean...

Some folks are just getting short on patience. It is hard to be understanding of everybodys point of view at all times.

Kirk: "Mr. Scott, do you always multiply your repair estimates by a factor of 4?"

Scott replies in the positive: "how else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?"

working purely from memory here, but was that a line from The Search for Spock or the voyage home?

DonW

Most of the time saying to someone (Beam me up Scottie) is a way of telling someone they are stupid.

I’m no trek fan. Maybe tikka 308 is a trek fan and its not so bad after all.

John

woah woah since when were the star trek quotes getting attributed to me?!?
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

“Missed it by that much.” Gat Smart

How did this thread get on the topic of Star Trek??????

I like it tooooo!!!!!:withstupi
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Well, humble apologies to tikka308 if I even slightly insinuated that. No, my reference was purely a Trek reference. My use of the phrase "Beam me up Scottie" was purely to reference who Mr. Scott was, for those who couldn't make the connection.

I would have thought "Beam me up Scottie" meant someone was really smart, not dumb, since Scottie was arguably the smartest character on the show, next to Spock, and Captain Kirk was, well not very bright, was he?

"Missed it by that much"......great quote.

Page 2 of 7 1234