585,589 active members*
2,925 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New V22 Patch on the way
Page 1 of 7 123

Exclamation New V22 Patch on the way

Dear BobCAD-CAM customers,
    I want to let you know that we appreciate your dedication and patience in regards to the following matter: BUG FIXES. There have been a few issues that we are aware of that include pocketing and other miscellaneous annoying bugs. We also understand that as a customer before V22, you may have had difficulty catching on to some of the new automation and methodology that you have seen in the new V22 CAD-CAM product. Rest assure that we are very close to giving you many of the requests that you have been asking for in relation to the tool library, pocketing features as well as profiling features. Look for this new patch to be released next week. For those of you that may be frustrated, we understand that you want a product that you can count on and we are working round the clock to give you everything you need and more. This includes top quality service and support as well. You can always contact me directly here at BobCAD-CAM at 877-262-2231 and just ask for me. I will see to it that you are well cared for as our customer and that you achieve the success that you require. Thank you.

Chris Corbell
    BobCAD-CAM, Inc.

Great news! Thanks Chris for the update.

Hi Chris
    I'm new to Babcad (just purchased it in the last week in fact. I took a risk despite all of the negative info in many places on the web) so I'm not full aware of all the bugs etc yet as I am only just watching the training CDs. So I have a couple of questions

Is there a list maintained of current bugs and issues that can be provided to customers?
    When the patch is released (this week?) how will I know it is available? Will it automatically be sent to all customers email addresses?

I'd like to keep on top of current info and discussions wrt. BobCad. I did register of the bobcadsupportforum but there doesn't seem to be any announcent on this patch like the information in your post above. So is here or teh bobcadsupport forum the best place?

Rgds
    Ger

Patch Notifications

We do have a list of known bugs that are routinely reported and logged in a bug-base. We analyze every report to verify that it is in fact a bug, then assign it to the appropriate programmer to be fixed. We tend to fix bugs until we have enough to create a patch rather than have you do updates once a week. I know that may turn people off but just about every software developer handles things this way. We will notify you via email. However there are spam filters that may prevent you from getting it. We post it in our user forum and will do so here on the Zone as well. When we post the patch release we will include instructions on where to get it and how. We will also include a list of fixes. However that typically is a document that is included with the release or it is posted on our support/user forum. You can also call us to get all the information. This next revision handles a lot and adds new features as well that include manual tool overrides, machine comp, bottom and side allowance for pocketing, profiling and a lot more. How many of you do pocketing out there?? You'll like this one. There are other interesting issues that we are reviewing. When you develop software, you are also regularly bug searching and bug fixing. It's just the name of the game. The goal is always NO BUGS.....but that isn't as easy is it seems. It's how you handle what you find and how fast. There's action on our support forum but lately it's been here in terms of ACTION! Hope I covered everything for you.

CNC Dude

Did You Post on CAD/CAM Trainer Too???
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

CNCDude...do you have a date set for this yet? Is it definitely this week?

Thanks...

Any new news on release time? Is this still going to happen this week, or is the Holiday going to delay things a bit?

Thanks for the update...

NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Did You Post on CAD/CAM Trainer Too???
    NOPE BUT I DID AFTER A WEEK !!
    "I'll keep my gun, my ammo, my money, my freedom and you can keep the "CHANGE" !

patch release????

We are waiting..Any word on the patch release date..anyone??..Bueller?...Bueller?......Bueller?? ??

Robin A.

Update on V22 Patch

Hello all,
    I did say that we were very close to releasing a significant patch for the V22 system and indeed, we are. At this time we are resolving an issue with the patch and the installation of the Lathe post editor at 1:15 pm EST. When this is resolved, we feel confident that we will be able to release the patch successfully. The goal was to release the patch this week. With tomorrow being a major holiday we may have to wait until next week and I am sure that everyone understands this. When we release the patch there will be a posting of all resolutions, enhancements as well as any KNOWN issues that are still being worked on. I have been following the threads and think that it is a good idea for you all to be FULLY INFORMED. I appreciate those statements and requests. Please be patient with us on the patch release. I will come back here and provide another update before the day ends. Thank you.

CNC Dude
    Edit/Delete Message

Much obliged....thanks for the update.

Hello all,
    ....... I will come back here and provide another update before the day ends. Thank you.

CNC Dude
    Edit/Delete Message
    Uh oh????? I wonder if no news is good news, or someones stress level is maxed out!!! I hope you were still able to enjoy the holiday!

i think Chris is working hard to make the product bug free.. we shud realize the situation and dont taunt... He will probably launch the patch soon and hope it will upto the mark...so wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid View Post
    ......... and dont taunt... He will probably launch the patch soon and hope it will upto the mark...so wait..
    I'm not taunting. Who is taunting?
    I am sure...absolutely sure that bobcad will be making customers happy soon.
    Bobcad hasn't been around for 20+ years because they rip people off!!!
    I just hope that customers put as much effort into bragging about the new update and functionalty of their software as they have in the other direction!
    Patiently waiting!
    Very patiently!!!

CNCDude did post an update late on Thursday saying that new patch will be released on Monday.

I don't see that post now.

moldmker

Not deleted. It was in another thread. This one: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60604

Steve

Ooops ...My mistake.

Thanks for the correction.

moldmker

Me too
    Thanks Steve

Is everyone who owns v22 going to be notified when you have a fix??????????

CNCdude,
    Any movement on the patch? I've been following the thread closely since I've just started getting into v22 and have had some stability issues. It seem like the learning curve is fairly high, but these are complex products so I understand why some people are frustrated with the product. So far my experience has been OK, but I'd like to see the kind of support and follow-through that would make it better. Thanks for any update on the progress,
    Chuck

Page 1 of 7 123