584,829 active members*
4,748 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > UHU Servo Controllers > Old Regular UHU (for 60V to 80V and less)
Page 3 of 5 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by per.e View Post
    Thanks for your reply kreutz.
    It is MAX232CPE chips with 10u caps around it.
    I will change the caps (10u-0.1u) to se if that was the problem for me.
    Best regards:
    Per
    The capacitors should be 1 uF/ 16 - 25Volt for that chip. Observe polarity.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

Also Think Tantalum's would help

Ihave tantalums 10u in there.
    I am no expert in electronics so be cind to me.
    Is it good with electrolyts and shold i change only C10,C11,C12 & C5 or should i even change the 5 one below the four ones between MAX232 and the D-sub ?
    Per

Ihave tantalums 10u in there.
    I am no expert in electronics so be cind to me.
    Is it good with electrolyts and shold i change only C10,C11,C12 & C5 or should i even change the 5 one below the four ones between MAX232 and the D-sub ?
    Per
    You can also use electrolytic capacitors, although I prefer tantalum for that job. 10 uF are not a good choice for that chip.

Best regards,

Kreutz.

So Mr kreutz i should use 1uF Tantalium for the four caps C10,C11,C12 & C5 ?
    I will replace them tomorrow and let you know if that was the problem.
    Per

"Huston, we have contact"
    Replacing the four caps from 10uF Tantalium to 1uF Electrolyt did it so i made contact with the UHU chip.
    But there is only ~-6.5V from MAX232 to TL082 chip, could that be a problem and can it be better with 1uF Tantalium caps ?
    I found the 4 Electrolyt caps here at home and i only wanted to test with them.
    Per

"Huston, we have contact"
    Replacing the four caps from 10uF Tantalium to 1uF Electrolyt did it so i made contact with the UHU chip.
    But there is only ~-6.5V from MAX232 to TL082 chip, could that be a problem and can it be better with 1uF Tantalium caps ?
    I found the 4 Electrolyt caps here at home and i only wanted to test with them.
    Per
    The voltage is probably going to rise a little, due to the tantalum capacitors having less leakage, but -6.5V is OK.

Congratulations!

Kreutz.

It is thanks for you kreutz that i managed to do this. :cheers:
    This is my first PCB that i ever made and i am 47 years old
    Best regards:
    Per

Good - now move on fast -

how to protect driver IR2184

I have tested old UHU with various motors and several times I blown mosfet drivers. First I tried with 12V zener diode, but without succes. Later, I have used P6KE15A, but controller doesn't work !! When I removed P6KE15A it works.
    What is right solution to protect drivers.

Kodalo,
    It sounds as though your installing the P6KE15A with the polarity reversed, turn around in the circuit ............
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tenmetalman View Post
    Kodalo,
    It sounds as though your installing the P6KE15A with the polarity reversed, turn around in the circuit ............
    Paul
    I have installed zener diode with same polarity direction and it works.

What MOSFETs are you using? In most cases the FETs have internal diodes but they are quite slow and the switching spikes are more obvious. With the external diodes the signal has a better shape.

Todor

Quote Originally Posted by LZ1TWB View Post
    What MOSFETs are you using? In most cases the FETs have internal diodes but they are quite slow and the switching spikes are more obvious. With the external diodes the signal has a better shape.

Todor
    I am using IRF450. Since I have plans to work with higher voltage (~90 V) I think is better to start using HP_UHU. Is there any usefull PCB? I have found UHU rev1.0b.rar and UHU_MODIFIED_Dated1.4.08_R1.0b.pdf inside, but there is no acceptable print layout - I must resize, convert to black.... Any other solutions are also welcome - good PCB, getting bare board...

anyone have any problem with hpcl 2231, cause my servo motor turn only at one direction , the signal from the computer is good but why my servo turn only at one direction ?

Quote Originally Posted by nuai View Post
    anyone have any problem with hpcl 2231, cause my servo motor turn only at one direction , the signal from the computer is good but why my servo turn only at one direction ?
    Check MOSFETs. I have similar problem and one MOSFET was wrong.

Hello everybody,

I've been away from this project for too long, i was going to assemble my first board when i read "0,6mm silver wire is used for jumpers" so my questions are:

1) is it possible to replace the silver wire with 0.6mm copper wire from telephone line ?

2) why is the silver wire used & what limitations/troubles can result from the use of copper wire instead ?

3) if it's critical, where can i source silver wire & what kind of shops usually sell it ?

EDIT:
    Ok guys, i agree that this was a stupid one, but i'm really lacking knowledge...so... help is needed please !

Thanks !
    cnc2.

silver vis copper wire for jumpers on drive PCB

CNC2,
    Never a dumb question, I ask when something bothers me. that's one of the nice things about CNCZONE & all of the good people out there.
    use what ever wire is handy ! I generally save some leads I snipped off resistors and use those for jumpers. they work just fine
    Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul !

Yea man the zone is great for that, i agree.

Thanks for the tip, i'll go looking for the leads remaining from previous projects.

Did you run your boards yet ?

Thanks !
    cnc2.

I just soldered the jumpers & saw that the soldering iron was burning the flux from the solder on thin tracks, making it hard to get a clean stuff...

What kind of soldering iron are you guys using ?
    (i'm using a cheap 40W soldering iron)

Is there a way to get it done by pluging the soldering iron into a light dimmer ?

Thanks !
    cnc2.

Page 3 of 5 12345