584,800 active members*
4,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > UHU Servo Controllers > The UHU parts list, questions and improvement.
Page 1 of 3 123

The UHU parts list, questions and improvement.

Here you can find the partslist for the UHU http://gsst.wikispaces.com/UHUget
    Questions or improvements can be discussed in this thread.

Talking UHU Parts

Anyone still selling parts kits for the UHU Servo Board?

Is it possible to use inductor PM2120-2R2M-RC insted of PM2120-1R2M-RC on UHU HP (L1,L2)?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey67 View Post
    Is it possible to use inductor PM2120-2R2M-RC insted of PM2120-1R2M-RC on UHU HP (L1,L2)?
    No, it is almost double (2.2uH) the inductance of the right one (1.2 uH), also the saturation current is lower (19 Amps)...

To clarify the value of the following components C14 and C18 (tantalum or electrolytic)?
    What are jamper's (RST1 and P3) on PCB's for and if it's necessary to install (to short-circuit) them?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey67 View Post
    To clarify the value of the following components C14 and C18 (tantalum or electrolytic)?
    What are jamper's (RST1 and P3) on PCB's for and if it's necessary to install (to short-circuit) them?
    For HP_UHU only: C14 and C18 could be tantalum capacitors. RST1 is a reset jumper and should be normally open (briefly closed for hardware RESET). P3 is a test point for GND potential, it is permanently shorted on the PCB by a thick copper trace. P3 serves as a test point GND for the oscilloscope, and as a auto-router trick to separate Power and Logic GND while auto-routing the PCB.

Regards,

Kreutz.

C21, C22, C25 and C26 and other issues

Hi,
    I've finally gotten around to assembly of the first HP-UHU and have made up some sheets with colour coding for easily locating where all the parts go. Once the first board is up, I'll scan them and post to make it easier for everyone else (and me for the other 3 boards).

There are a couple of problems though. I've downloaded several zips with component layouts. On one, the PCB is marked Rev 0.10b while the green Rev00c 08/2007 component layout doesn't match the board. Instead I've been using the monochrome Rev 1.00 12/2007. However, it's missing R46 right by J7.

Next, the component list has C21 etc. listed as using a 5.1X3.2 footprint but in fact the caps on the board are on 0.1" spacing. What is the part # (or is there one) of the 0.22uFd MKT capacitor that fits this?

Any chance that an up to date version of the component overlay for the PCB marked 0.10b can be posted. Then I can transfer my coloured marks and labels it it along with Digikey and Newark part #'s.

Thanks
    John Dammeyer

Quote Originally Posted by jcdammeyer View Post
    Hi,
    I've finally gotten around to assembly of the first HP-UHU and have made up some sheets with colour coding for easily locating where all the parts go. Once the first board is up, I'll scan them and post to make it easier for everyone else (and me for the other 3 boards).

There are a couple of problems though. I've downloaded several zips with component layouts. On one, the PCB is marked Rev 0.10b while the green Rev00c 08/2007 component layout doesn't match the board. Instead I've been using the monochrome Rev 1.00 12/2007. However, it's missing R46 right by J7.

Next, the component list has C21 etc. listed as using a 5.1X3.2 footprint but in fact the caps on the board are on 0.1" spacing. What is the part # (or is there one) of the 0.22uFd MKT capacitor that fits this?

Any chance that an up to date version of the component overlay for the PCB marked 0.10b can be posted. Then I can transfer my coloured marks and labels it it along with Digikey and Newark part #'s.

Thanks
    John Dammeyer
    Here is the component layout, later I will look around for the capacitor's part number.

Regards,

Kreutz.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz View Post
    Here is the component layout, later I will look around for the capacitor's part number.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Thanks. BTW, I have installed the 2200pF caps on the differential encoder SN75115 interface. I will investigate this O error problem.

John

Hi,

So you are saying just take the 0.2" (5.08mm) spacing part and bend the leads inwards to fit into the 0.1" (2.56mm) spaced holes? Kinda figured this was a layout error. ;-)

Curious as to why the component list has the footprint as 5mm.

John

Hi,

So you are saying just take the 0.2" (5.08mm) spacing part and bend the leads inwards to fit into the 0.1" (2.56mm) spaced holes? Kinda figured this was a layout error. ;-)

Curious as to why the component list has the footprint as 5mm.

John
    The component was listed as 5.08 mm on my Altium DXP2004 library but the footprint was wrong. Will be corrected on the next revision of the pcb (not scheduled yet)...

The component was listed as 5.08 mm on my Altium DXP2004 library but the footprint was wrong. Will be corrected on the next revision of the pcb (not scheduled yet)...
    I got caught that way once with 4N33s. In that case the pins were wrong on the schematic object and so the layout was wrong. Expensive mistake.

Here's a picture of progress so far. Just needs LEDs, ICs in sockets, 470pF, 1uFd 250V on bottom along with transistors and voltage regulator. Already the circuit boards weighs an extra 150 grams.

Now to make a list of what parts are missing for the rest of the boards.

Looking forward to trying it out.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HP-UHU-1.jpg  

I got caught that way once with 4N33s. In that case the pins were wrong on the schematic object and so the layout was wrong. Expensive mistake.

Here's a picture of progress so far. Just needs LEDs, ICs in sockets, 470pF, 1uFd 250V on bottom along with transistors and voltage regulator. Already the circuit boards weighs an extra 150 grams.

Now to make a list of what parts are missing for the rest of the boards.

Looking forward to trying it out.

John
    Looking really good so far...

Kreutz.

Looking really good so far...

Kreutz.
    Thanks. I'm only sticker inner person. You did all the work.

BTW, I've requested a price quote from www.thermoflo.com for 6.5" lengths of their E1197 heatsink extrusions. It's 5" wide and looks like it may be perfect for the HP-UHU.

John

Arrow Copper boards

Quote Originally Posted by vroemm View Post
    Here you can find the partslist for the UHU http://gsst.wikispaces.com/UHUget
    Questions or improvements can be discussed in this thread.
    Hi everybody !

I just got the parts from Reichelt.de and just found that the copper boards have 35 micro meter of copper on them not the 75µm claimed in the parts list, and after verification Reichelt.de sels only 35µm copper boards what ever the kind.

Thanks !

cnc2.

Thanks. I'm only sticker inner person. You did all the work.

BTW, I've requested a price quote from www.thermoflo.com for 6.5" lengths of their E1197 heatsink extrusions. It's 5" wide and looks like it may be perfect for the HP-UHU.

John
    Hello John;

Did you get that price quote?

Thanks,

Kreutz

Hello John;

Did you get that price quote?

Thanks,

Kreutz
    Not yet. I'll follow up on Tuesday. I've been away for a few days. And work-work has gotten in the way.

John

Re: The UHU parts list, questions and improvement.

Hi; could someone please point me to a place were I can download the instructions to build these boards and the parts list?
    Thank you
    Mariano

- - - Updated - - -

Hi; could someone please point me to a place were I can download the instructions to build these boards and the parts list?
    Thank you
    Mariano

Re: The UHU parts list, questions and improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by rasta View Post
    Thank you
    Mariano

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you
    Mariano
    I don't think the boards for the HP_UHU are available anymore. Kreutz was the designer. Likely he may have a web link to gerbers etc. for making more boards. I can email things like parts lists etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rasta View Post
    Thank you
    Mariano

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you
    Mariano
    I don't think the boards for the HP_UHU are available anymore. Kreutz was the designer. Likely he may have a web link to gerbers etc. for making more boards. I can email things like parts lists etc.

Page 1 of 3 123