585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Inspection Routings?

Inspection Routings?

Not sure if this is the right place but it seemed like the best.

But does anyone have any good ideas for your inspection routings? I mean the paper work sent to the machines for your operators so they know what to check how often to check it and record what they check...

Travis,

Hi,
    not sure what you mean by routing, but I can share the way I due it at my shop. For each job that comes in I make a control plan with all the information needed to perform the work. I also number each dimension that I want to moniter during the run. I have a record sheet with the dimensions, tolerances, and numbers to corrispond with the control plan. All this paperwork goes out to the machine at time of production. You can make a seperate sheet with the more critical dimensions for the inspector to check if you have inspectors at your place. As far as how often? Well you need to know and trust your people how good they are, and pick a number of checks. once per shift, once every 2 hours, etc. Hope this helps. I am ISO9002/2000 compliant so I develop all types of documents to make the job and life of my people easy.

Claude

Thanks, Claude

That is what i am talking about but what i could not decide on is how i wanted to tell the location on the print of the dim. You say you number your print and that is what i was thinking of doing also but i did not want to cludder my print so what i ended up doing was puting location call outs on my inspection sheet like A-1 which most prints have this grid allready...

Travis,

If you save your prints electronically, than you can print an 8 1/2 X 11 (standard sheet of paper) and perhaps number it on your computer so it looks clean. You can than add this print to your pack-it. If you don't save your prints electronically, you can make a fotocopy of the print and number it by hand. One suggestion wichever way you due it make sure that you add a date and rev number on the document so if changes happen later you don't end up with the wrong print rev. It may take a while to get used to due this but in the long run it will save you a lot of time and aggravation.

Claude