586,024 active members*
4,172 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > GCode differs to Drawing Co-Ordinates

GCode differs to Drawing Co-Ordinates

I'm still using V20 to produce code for 2.5 G-Code and generally been satisfied.
    My problem with this drawing is the Gcode BCC is producing (just at one point) is not the same as the drawing.
    The picture attached shows a line from X28.424 Y-11.3027 to X16.1257 Y0.0 but the code generates the end point as Y0.4 (should be Y0.0)
    The controller stops at this point because the next line has G02 (circular interpolation) and the math is incorrect.
    Any suggestions why the gcode is wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BobCadCodeError.jpg  

Do you have an 'F' in front of both feedrates in the U...D... dialog? It looks like it is the feedrate being added on to the end of the coordinate position.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Do you have an 'F' in front of both feedrates in the U...D... dialog?
    That's my problem alright. I had Normal = 400 and Plunge = F50
    I'm a little surprised that the letter 'F' needs to be entered as I would have expected the program to do this. Anyway I won't forget that now:-)
    Thank you, you are the ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I'm still using V20 to produce code for 2.5 G-Code and generally been satisfied.
    My problem with this drawing is the Gcode BCC is producing (just at one point) is not the same as the drawing.
    The picture attached shows a line from X28.424 Y-11.3027 to X16.1257 Y0.0 but the code generates the end point as Y0.4 (should be Y0.0)
    The controller stops at this point because the next line has G02 (circular interpolation) and the math is incorrect.
    Any suggestions why the gcode is wrong?
    Kiwi buddy, had the same problem with V19. The fix that I used was to create a point and use the Move to point function on the CAM side to place the cutter where it needed to start.

What BCC does if you previously generated code, delete or undo, then go back to regenerate code, it starts the tool from where it left off of the first generation.

I hope this is the correct interpretation of what your asking.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    ...The fix that I used was to create a point and use the Move to point function on the CAM side to place the cutter where it needed to start.
    Thanks Toby for your help, I do similar but I also use a macro to change the approach.
    I like to start at Z100, G00 to Z3 and then to the cut depth at F50 (all metric of coarse)

TheOne's solution was exactly what I needed, so simple when you know the answer.
    Cheers.