584,829 active members*
5,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.
Page 20 of 20 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by xunger View Post
    Thanks

JGRO router plans as nested 2d parts

I am wondering if anyone has spent the time to lay out the cuts for the JGRO router pieces so that they can be cut with a larger router, and if they are willing to share them.

If you had access to a larger router then you should cut a joes2006 instead. The JGRO is good for those without access to a CNC router. If you have limited room it's easy to scale down the joes2006. Nothing against the JGRO, I have one and it has served me well but for me it's primary use is to cut a joes2006 which is a significant upgrade. Supported rails and all.

That's a reasonable suggestion - I had considered the JGRO because it is fairly straightforward for cutting, and with my limited CAD/CAM abilities I would be able to work with whatever tidbits of info someone might share.

The Joes 2006 is a much nicer machine - and if I could find PDF or SVG files of the parts I would take it on. If you know of a source?

If you can get the parts cut the joes2006 is a much easier build. The major issue with the JGRO is you have to adjust every rail and leadscrew. Once setup it's good but getting there is time cosuming and fustrating at times in my experience. Not to mention deflection even after everything is lined up. With the joes2006 you assemble square and you are off.

I think there is a link in the joes2006 portion of the forum. Somewhere at the beginning. You want the second version. All the files you need to cut on a CNC are there. I recommend you read that entire forum. Great info there.

I'm looking through it, and I think you've convinced me to build the joes 2006 r2 - I can't view the drawings from work, but I'll check them out, and try to get a price from someone to cut the parts for me. Thanks for the advice - you are right, the JGRO is very fussy to get adjusted properly - and really easy find the limits of the machine's abilities. Hopefully the Joe's will be much easier and better in many regards.

JGRO Plans

I'm looking over the files for the JGRO CNC Machine. There seems to be a descrepancy between dtl101 and dtl102 (Support Motor Side & Support Bearing Side). The tapped holes for gas rod supports are not the same distance from the center line of the gas rod hole. Am I reading the diagram incorrectly? Thanks

The holes that are dimensioned on dtl101 are for the stepper motor, which have a different spacing than the rod support blocks. All of the holes for the gas pipe support are the same. You can use the dimensions from dtl102 for those.

jgro
    http://jgroshoppages.blogspot.com/

and if I could find PDF or SVG files of the parts I would take it on. If you know of a source?

Re: Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.

Quote Originally Posted by cncadmin View Post
    Here is the link for the free router plans www.cnczone.com | 404 - Page Cannot Be Found please discuss the plans here in this thread.
    The link is not working for me.

http://jgroshoppages.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jgro View Post
    I followed the link and I got a blank page using Chrome for Android. Is the link still valid?

Quote Originally Posted by gividen View Post
    I followed the link and I got a blank page using Chrome for Android. Is the link still valid?
    I followed the link on Chrome desktop Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
    It isn't dead.

Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Its_NOTdead_JIM.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	359952

Page 20 of 20 10181920