585,959 active members*
4,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.
Page 19 of 20 917181920
    So Fyddler, what your really saying is that you don't see a build in the near future?! I just know that I had to put off my wife's "todo list" in order to do mine. And she was none to happy about it ;-)

HA I should have her todo list done by end of week (well... most of it). I hope to start picking away at the sub-components next weekend, but work and side jobs will prevent any major build until next month.

I have noticed that the JGRO forums are prety quiet, is there another build that most people are doing? or is this the easiest to start with?

Thanks,
    Allen AKA Fyddler

Getting close, Materials purchased, Controller ordered, Wifes projects on hold.

Hope to start build next week.

Attaching Bed and Base to End Supports

How is the Bed and Base fastened to the End supports? I don't see any screw or bolt holes.

Just glue?

Thanks

John Dammeyer

Many people and I have not glued together the deb and base, for portability reason, but if you are not going to meve the machine you can glue it together, or you can place some bolts, i put 4 bolts on each end for the bed and base.

Modification to X

If your considering building a JGRO I would look at doing something different in X. I initially built a JGRO as drawn in the plans. I found that when the gantry was in the center of the table I had almost .015 flex in the pipes. That gantry is pretty heavy I guess. I then tried filling the pipes with cement. This did help some but it wasn't good enough for me. I looked at what Joe did with his joe2006 and this seemed like an overly complicated solution. I finaly came up with the idea seen in the video. I ended up having to raise the table about an inch as you can see with the spacers boards to make room for the new rails. This also allowed me to cut the goofy wings off holding the pipes. Anyways the video explains it all. I made this video to show my toolbox layout but I throw a quick glance at the rails so you should get the idea.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWwokuCNBEo"]YouTube- Modified JGRO CNC Router Toolbox Foam Layout pt1[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1ulmO6d68"]YouTube- Modified JGRO CNC Router Toolbox Foam Layout pt2[/nomedia]

are you really saying Fyddler that you don't see a build in the future?! I just know that I had to put off my wife's "todo list" in order to do mine. And she wasn't to happy about it: this is very arrogant

Project delayed

Rats. Finally got the bench glued up. Was fitting the bottom torsion box and accidently dropped it through the top. That smashed off the end of the torsion box.

Major screwup.

John

New to group and question on JGRO's plans

Hi folks, getting ready to take the plunge but going over the plans (Great ones i might add) i couldnt find DTL8,9,10,11,12. Am i missing something or did i misread plans?. Reply would be appreciated and great forum folks, seems like everyone is willing to help, glad i joined.

Never mind, found answer in post #110

They are purchased, not manufactured parts, thus no detail drawings.

Post Printer Technologies

I have an option for designed the router just here

The one that started it all!
    Router #1
    The first one I did was made from MDF. I designed it and made the plans available for free at CNCzone.com Go here if you would like to download a set of these plans. If you would like to see some images of this machine, click on the image.

Router #2.
    I never sealed the MDF on my first router, so when it got real wet and humid one year, it sagged and warped. I used what I could from it and made this one. It had a moving table design and bronze bushings for the Y and Z axis. If you would like to see some images of this machine, click on the image.

Router #3. Click on the image to see this CNC in detail.
    PMinMO's A3977 Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver

Router #4. This is my latest router. It is a fixed gantry/moving table design. Click on the image to see more about this design.

I hope this will help you lot.

Printer technologies

Table Design

What pictures?

It's Spam. He has 4 posts total, they are all mostly off topic and include a link to a web site...

He got that from my website. I thought it sounded familiar

jgro
    http://jgroshoppages.blogspot.com/

JGRO Router - Plans in Metric

I would like to build the JGRO router, but I have not been able to find the plans in metric. Anyone who can help me? I have actually tried to seach here in CNCzone, but I did not find the plans in metric.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
    Christian

Umm ... what?

JGRO Bed Assembly question

What is the purpose of the wood screw that protrudes upward through the Bed Assembly of the JGRO? I'm sure it's described somewhere but I've searched and can't find it.

As best I can tell the links to the files for this router as posted by HayTay in posts 283 and 302 are no longer working.

Does anyone still have these plans available? The links are no longer working.

Page 19 of 20 917181920