585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.
Page 1 of 19 12311

Hybrid View

Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.

Here is the link for the free router plans http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...category&cid=2 please discuss the plans here in this thread.

Very nice looking machine and detailed plan!
    /Niels

It's fixed.

Those are very cool plans, jgro, You have made a major contribution to the CNC hobbiest world. Thanks for taking the time to draw up these plans.

5 Stars to you.

NOTE: To all those who download the plans. If you right click on the link and select "save target as" you will be able to save the plans instead of just opening them in your browser. I might suggest that the PDF be zipped so that it will automatically save instead of opening in a browser window.
    Being outside the square !!!

Thanks.
    Please check out my CNC blog
    http://cncinside.com

Im back again. I just wanted to say I just printed off those plans, and am EXTREMELY impressed with the work that you did.

I laugh to myself about all the noise that happened in the open source forum, while the quiet achiever typed away and actually produced something.

Thats a "TOUCHDOWN" jgro
    Being outside the square !!!

Thank you

I'm building the MDF Router

I'm building the router from your free plans. I made mine 10" wider, but other than that I'm following the plans pretty close. can't find the shoulder bushings so I am going to improvise. I currently have the base and the gantry done. I's looking pretty good. Kraig

DWG files

Quote Originally Posted by jgro
    Thank you
    Is it possible to get a 3D model or DWG file for your CNC Router.

This is what I am ending up doing, and also using double rail system on the long Y Axis to strengthen it and keep the gantry solid.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15139

Joe

I am new at this, but I am compiling info on building or purchasing a CNC for my shop.

Thanks,just want to ask how much is it going to cost me in the end?

I went through a few iterations before I came up with what's in the plans. I estimated that it cost me about $400.00. That included a Xylotex controller and stepper motors that I bought from Ebay. I had a computer, monitor and router lying around. Maybe CNC Darren can give a better cost as he just built one from my plans http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6168

jgro

jgro

Thanks

software?

If i build the jgro router, how do i set it up with the computer? also, how do i design and then transfer something to the machine? is this expensive software? any tips?
    thanks a lot

Lightbulb Pictures of each subassembly?

Does someone know where in the picture gallery there are pictures of each sub-assembly for these plans? I'm a little confused by some of the steps and I think a picture or 10 would help clear things up for me.

Thanks,
    dan

what motors and driveres? do you recommend to use?

Hi CNC Wana Bee, I just threw some numbers together and came up with around $300+ misc hardware and router. I went with the Hobby CNC 3 axis unipolar chopper drive and thier 80/oz motors, you have to solder the parts on the board but i didnt find it to hard to do. For a ready to run board it seems most people go with the Xylotex board. Jgro here is a pic of mine, the extended version. My brother got a sign job and we had to make the table a bit longer using 60" gas pipe. The bolts going thru the side frames push in on the gas pipe as I found that the gas pipe would flex out as it got close to the center of travel. here are a couple of pics and a completed sign minus the vinyl letters. I'm trying to work in a dust collector project while running these signs to hold the dust down a bit.

Darren :cheers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0118.JPG   DSCF0127.JPG   DSCF0133.JPG  

Thanx JGRO

I just seen this thread and thought I would thank you for the plans. Amazing detail. I have been gathering "stuff" to build it for over a year now. But this year should be it. I think I have everything. Bearings, pipe, wood, steppers, controller (Xylotex), router (or plasma) and computer. I sure that I forgot something, oh yea, TIME. Oh well, I really want it bad, I am sure to find the time. Thanx again,
    John
    We need not all think alike, but we should all THINK!

Thanks a lot..

Page 1 of 19 12311