5,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: LCD Monitor

Page 2 of 4 1234
    Hi!

I have tested on the 88HS a normal
    VGA-LCD with 15pin VGA-Plug and a Composite-Adapter
    (eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst)

It doesn't work....

Hmm - you wrote: RCA adaptor - so if I use a lcd with Composite-RCA-Plug: it will work?

Thomas

That is correct and is how it has been done. You should not need the BCA input. Test it on a monitor if your unsure. 88HS doesnt have a signal for the VGA you need another card for that.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

If you guys are too lazy to "do-it-yourself", we offer a drop-in plug & play LCD replacement for the 12" CRT. Feel free to send us an email at [email protected] for more info.

-Shelvin
    (818) 678-9456
    TheFadalParts.com
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!

We hung a Gateway FPD 1730 right on the front of our MP32 on a 2003 6030. Just plugged it in and away you go.

Hi!

I did yesterday a monitor with RCA jack on the 88HS. It works.

Unfortunately, the letters a little shiver. Can I do something?

Thomas

If you dont have a very nice RCA cable you may need a RCA signal booster.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

CRT to LCD Conversion Kit

You can also use IMC Displays which carry LCD kits and open frame solutions for CNC CRT to LCD Conversion kits. They have the same mouting pattern as the SK-3012R.

Re: LCD Monitor

Bringing this back from the dead. Anyone try using a CCTV LCD monitor that already has the BNC input? I'm looking to go that route but didn't know if there was some difference between using a BNC to RCA adapter and going in through there or just using a BNC equipped monitor that's made for the security systems?

CCTV monitor uses the same composite video signal, it just has a "professional" BNC connector instead of the "consumer" RCA. So it will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    CCTV monitor uses the same composite video signal, it just has a "professional" BNC connector instead of the "consumer" RCA. So it will work just fine.
    Awesome, I took a chance and ordered the monitor so I'd have it to install over the weekend so I'm glad to hear that. Gonna replace a resolver on the Z-axis of my Fadal so figured why not upgrade the lighting and monitor while I'm at it.

Just want to update. It worked perfectly and was basically completely plug and play. All i needed to do was remove the old monitor. Mount the new one and plug it in. The power was the only thing i actually had to do a tiny bit of wiring for but screen is perfect, zero issues with moving text or resolution. Wish I had done this years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by icentropy View Post
    Just want to update. It worked perfectly and was basically completely plug and play. All i needed to do was remove the old monitor. Mount the new one and plug it in. The power was the only thing i actually had to do a tiny bit of wiring for but screen is perfect, zero issues with moving text or resolution. Wish I had done this years ago...
    What size monitor did you wind up using????
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    What size monitor did you wind up using????
    Ended up using this 12" one ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). fit's just fine. I suppose a guy could probably jam a 13-14" one in there but even this 12" one makes the text PLENTY big. Already has the twist lock BNC connector so no adapters or anything like that needed and I bet the connector is also the reason this monitor shows the text rock solid and sharp instead of the issues other folks have been having with less than perfect images. Probably the adapters? I also went ahead and ordered a $25 50W LED light (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and replaced that old spotlight in there. The whole thing is crazy bright now. (almost too bright). My next step is figuring out why my Beacon light isn't working (by the way if anyone knows what i could check or if there's a fuse or relay for it I'd really appreciate the info). I want to put in a new one with a buzzer on it so i can hear when the machine finishes it's cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by icentropy View Post
    Ended up using this 12" one ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). fit's just fine. I suppose a guy could probably jam a 13-14" one in there but even this 12" one makes the text PLENTY big. Already has the twist lock BNC connector so no adapters or anything like that needed and I bet the connector is also the reason this monitor shows the text rock solid and sharp instead of the issues other folks have been having with less than perfect images. Probably the adapters? I also went ahead and ordered a $25 50W LED light (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and replaced that old spotlight in there. The whole thing is crazy bright now. (almost too bright). My next step is figuring out why my Beacon light isn't working (by the way if anyone knows what i could check or if there's a fuse or relay for it I'd really appreciate the info). I want to put in a new one with a buzzer on it so i can hear when the machine finishes it's cycle.

Thanks for the info on the monitor As for the beacon light, my beacon light wasn't working and it turned out to be a bad bulb. I have since replaced it with an led bulb ( BA15D 2.5W 110/230V 3000K) .
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    Thanks for the info on the monitor As for the beacon light, my beacon light wasn't working and it turned out to be a bad bulb. I have since replaced it with an led bulb ( BA15D 2.5W 110/230V 3000K) .
    I tried replacing just the light bulb but no dice. I just didn't know if someone knew if there was a fuse or relay associated with it.

To add here,

I installed icentropys' eyoyo bnc\multi monitor on my 98 4020 last night. used a stainless plate to cover the hole, and flat mounted it to that. Works PERFECT.
    Letters are bigger and much more defined compared to burn burned in wiggly CRT.
    While I was at it, I hooked up a chromecast to the hdmi port

Now I can switch between the ball game and machine info at the touch of a button. Noice

No pics of it? My LCD is wiggly and fuzzy and has vertical lines and I need to replace it also but I wanted an open frame type.
    Are you all taking the eyoyo apart, or leaving it together and just mounting externally from the pendant?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyad1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Has anyone out there tried to replace the CRT monitor with a LCD monitor?
    Can it be done? If not how come? Maybe Neal can shed some light (pun
    not intended) on the subject.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Hello Gary. If you are speaking of a typical CNC88 control, the ELE-0189 (CRT Style) is the installed monitor. You would replace it with an LCD style monitor (ELE-0190). You simply remove the old monitor and bolt the new one in and hook the signal and power cables and you are done. Let me know if you have any troubles and I will help as I can.

FadalCNC Tech Support

bump, for a great thread. i ordered this monitor yesterday, got it today and had it installed in about 45-minutes.
    it literally fits perfectly. i flipped the base mount on the back of the monitor and bolted it to the metal base plate in the cabinet. one screw is all it needs to hold it tight. the BNC connector is nice.
    the existing 12VDC CRT power supply works great for the LCD. i just snipped off the plug end from the power supply provided in the box and soldered on some connectors.
    it even has a remote!
    i might add a trim piece around the cutout if it gets too annoying. could probably 3D print something...

That looks great !! I've ordered the same monitor. Hopefully, have it installed next week
    pete

Page 2 of 4 1234