585,670 active members*
4,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Mori Jr with Yasnac MX2, a little help

Mori Jr with Yasnac MX2, a little help

I have a problem, after having the local cnc repair guy over to look at the mill he, with the help of support from yaskawa determined that my problem is on the JANCD CP02 board. the machine tells us this and the manual points us to the ram chips mounetd on the board... simple enough right, replace the ram and go on. The chips were easy to find but the guys at yaskawa told me they had to be mapped before they were any good, than unmapped they would not help at all. they would be glad to map them for me for the flat rate fee of repairing the board. I asked if i could buy a pair of chips from them that were already mapped, they said that was impossible, they werent available at all. So this probably means that they were just going to map out the bad memory sectors in my chips and send it back to me. I am no electronics guy but this all seems very expensive to me for so little work.

My question is simple, and its for someone with a strong electronics background with experience in 1980's vintage board repair. Can i just replace the dumb memory chips, or are they too dumb like they are? Can I map them without the help from the support guys at yaskawa? Does any one have parts for one of these controllers used? I don't think i need the entire board, just the ram chips in location c-27 of the pcb jancd cp02. they told me that if i went looking for a used board that it would have to be off of an ideetical machine for it to work, i am guessing this is to do with the ladder logic (which i have no idea about, but i do have all of the diagrams and the parameters on disk. For what they want for a board i could really put a ding in the price of a newer controller and a pc based system with tons of memory, good conversations, graphics, and so on. any help would be appreciated.

At this point i think i will be replaceing the chips without mapping just to see if those guys were just trying to rip me off. If it doesnt work its a flat rate to fix it, one chip or every one of them. makes me want to snip every chip in half so i know i get my moneys worth.

BTW, the chips are less than $10 each. i could buy every chip on the board for under 1k and have then installed... why is it so expensive to work with these guys, they are just like all of those other cnc guys.

Danny

109 READS NO REPLIES

It looks like there is little or no help for me here with this situation. Is it that hard of a question? Am I missing something? I guess there is a reason that the big motion control companies can charge the really high prices. Can no one tell me how the memory in a yasnac controller is configured and the possibilities of repair without a trip to Chicago for the board?

Danny

hello

20V milling/drilling machine

I am manufacture in China, i have dealer in Euro, who want to buy 20V milling/
    drilling machine, you may contact me [email protected]

Your faithfully

wang

The real Cp02 deal....

I feel your pain-The cpo2 is the axis control board.It's the same one in my MX-1.I ended up buying a used one for about 2k and stuck it in with the right jumper.Yaskawa also tried telling me it was the memory board and all the Eproms had to be replaced-which was bull-we read them with a prom reader,they were all fine and burned a new set.
    If the board doesnt work now,you have nothing to lose replacing them your self.I assume you got a cpu error and the ram we are talking about is static.go for it and let us know what happens.I have an old CP02 with what I suspect is the same problem and would like to keep it as a working spare.Yaskawa tech support blows-so does siemens and cimnet.....Ever wonder why they got out of the cNC business?They do make good motors and drives though......

errors on mx-2

When the machine is powered on it reports "RAM ERROR 500 820". I have had little luck with this repair so far, time has been the hardest thing to find. I hope to have gotten the new chips installed this week. I will post the results.

Danny

it lives, but...

well, i ended up replacing the board with one from another machine, this was the ticket to get the machine running. Now i have another problem, i reloaded all of the parameters, then i was getting used to my new machine. i thought i would run it through a tool change. it did not complete, hung and i had to power down the machine for the night. The next time it said the power was off during tool change, does anyone know how to clear this error? How can i actuate the tool change part by part? i should have just actuated the arm down as i had no tools in the spindle or the pot, i was trying to get the fingers off to change them to accept the bt40 holders i already have instead of buying all new holders for this machine.

all that said, the pot never returned to the up position in the carosel, and the arm is a little crooked from me pulling the fingers off.

Danny

Like I replied in the other MV-JR post, look in your maintenance manual or call your local Mori distributor or Mori Tech. The procedure for this is pretty simple. They'll fax it to you.

Absolute worst case, take the fingers off, pop the top off the ATC motor and crank it around by hand (clockwise). The motor will get hard to turn as the arm moves under the spindle, before drop down, and will try to take off on you after the arm is heading back up due to tool unclamp and clamp.

Find the pot up/down solenoid and fire it by hand with the machine in estop and you should be good to go.