585,599 active members*
3,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP!! Haas Super Mini Mill

Hello Forum,

I was hoping someone could help me in regards to a spindle problem that I am having. The problem occured during the run of my machine's warmup program. While the program was running I opened the door (Setting 51 is set to Off) and the spindle slowed/stopped as always. The problem occurred when I closed the door to resume running the program. I noticed that the spindle did not kick back in to the programmed spindle rate. I also noticed that the spindle will not orientate or lock into position to properly do a tool change. Any help would be appreciated before I have to call Haa$.

CB

Have you done my first problem solving approach? Shut the machine down and then power it up again.

If this does not work I think maybe take the sheetmetal off the head, it is possible the drive belt between the spindle and the encoder has slipped or broken.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Hello Geof...

I have powered down a couple of times with no success. I will look into your other suggestions. Any idea of the cost if I have the Haas people come out. My maintenance warranty has expired

Quote Originally Posted by CountBraden View Post
    ...... Any idea of the cost if I have the Haas people come out. My maintenance warranty has expired
    A few hundred if their hourly rate is the same as my Haas supplier. I had the encoder belt replaced on a VF2 and I think it was about $400 to $500.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Ok.. Thanks .. I appreciate the help