584,865 active members*
4,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G Code REQUEST -- 4, 5, 6 Axis

4 5 and 6 axis sample G Code Wanted

BACKGROUND:
    I have completed the assembly of my 6 axis controller/container. I have integrated 2 Xylotex 3 axis controllers with a CNC4PC BOB. Its all mounted in a "cheesey" container - one of the metallic looking - but thin masonite - CD/DVD containers you can find any number of shops. Slightly bigger than a shoe box.

So:
    I have the controllers. I have migrated to MACH3. I have the pins set up. I'd like to "dry run" the controllers with the motors connected - but on the desktop with little tape flags, before mounting up. The 3 axis checks fine -- got plenty of G Code for that.

And, I can do 4 axis checks using wing foam cutting SW/files.

FRUSTRATION:
    I've been over the 1000+ threads here on the G Code programming Forum - and no-joy. You could pm me -- or post here. I looked over the threading wizard on MACH3 and it didn't seem to get me where I thought I wanted to be.

REQUEST:
    Does anybody have some MACH3 compatible 4/5/6 axis code they could share?

TIA.
    :cheers: Jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Describe all 5 or 6 axis of movement on your machine:

X Y Z linear

A B rotary

What kind of machine is it?

A configuration of the machine would help and maximum travels XYZ. Of coarse depending on how the Rotaries are wired A and B Maximum degrees would be nice too.

5 Axis with Rotary Arm
    5 Axis with Trunion Table
    5 Axis Tilting Head with Rotary Table

Which one??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks guys - Seems like you have some experience in what I'm looking for.

For now, I would say X,Y,Z, and A, B, C. A Gantry/Bridge set up with a head mounted on the Z axis and rotating axis beneath. The head on the Z would be like on Rainena's machine. The rotating axis - lathe-like aligned with the X axis (so its A)

Seems like this is closest: 5 Axis Tilting Head with Rotary Table

I'm sort of just looking for some sample code to check the motors and my basic configuration of the control box.

Hope I understood your requests ok:
    As sample code, I'd think X = 48 inches max, Y = 36 inches max, Z = 12 inches max. For X, Y and Z, if the code went out to max and return to Zero, then center, that would cool. For the A axis no max revolutions envisioned in final, but for the testing 360 cw, then 360 ccw. For B and C 360 cw, then ccw. I'd expect that would be all - but need to get into the CAM lane to figure that all out. For now - just something simple to check the axes and MACH3 integration.

Thanks Heaps in advance.

I can check the motor/controller integration on 4 axis as I said - but would like to due a full-scale integration testing before mounting up.

Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

When I get home from work today I will post some code that will help you.

Mike -- Looking forward to your help - Thanks.
    Toby D. Good input - thanks -- hopefully I have beeter described what I'm looking to do.

BUMP
    Hoping for some help here - I am willing to check the controller setup with the motors off the system. So platform size is not so important.
    I would like to just run motors/controllers them with tape attached to the shafts to check that the rotation is correct.
    So, any X, Y, Z, A, B, C codes anyone has available would be nice. I'd be using MACH3 to check the setups.
    There have been similar requests for GCode examples to do the same - but all in 3 axis only - X, Y, Z. Seems like these examples would be useful to other members if posted here or in the download section of the site.

Thanks, and,

Re: G Code REQUEST -- 4, 5, 6 Axis

hey guys , i think my query is somewhat related.
    my system is as follows
    fusion 360 (makers the campath) > robodk simulates it for a 6 axis robot arm (here is can create my own python post processor) > that robot code gets uploaded to my robot controller ( im using grbl for 6 axis )

so i need help to modify the post processor code to suit the input requirements for the grbl controller.

Thanks in advance