585,743 active members*
4,950 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Several 0M questions...

I'm looking to find a 'generic' parameter list for the 0M-A and/or 0M-B which has just the basics as for their settings. Does it matter if its the GN or the GE FANUC Model, or are they about the same? Mine is the GE FANUC Model.

I also need to know how to set the machine worktable limits.

I've tried for about 3 years (since mid '05) to get the right manuals with the right parameter lists.

I would appreciate if someone could supply me with a complete set of general / basic parameter lists.

The machine is a custom built 3 (w/Installed optional 4th) axis milling machine that I had built with the option to install whatever control and servos I wanted. 4th Axis is a option I had the builder make for me, and at one time thought about 5th. It looks and operates much like most VMC/HMC's.

I hope someone can help me with some or a little direction here.

Thanks, many many thanks in advance.

Greg

Do you need the parameter manual?, I don't there is such a think a 'Generic' list, they are set for each individual machine mechanics and requirements.
    Has your machine ever had the parameters set by whoever did the Custom build?
    If so you just need to refer to the parameters that will address your current problem or concerns.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Al,

The machine tool mfg. I chose was not willing to do anything more than installing all the servos and motors required to run the machine. Installing the rest of the control was left up to myself. I know it sounds a little odd, but I did save some money this way. I was offered the choice of using two other types/brands of control, including a Fagor 8055, but since I already had a perfectly usable control avaible I thought why not just use it instead, hoping I made the right choice.

I would love to have a parameter manual. Maybe that would give me some place to start.

The machine this control came out of was a late 80's machine that was scrapped out. The machine has a tool carousel/toolchanger, uses more common BT/CAT type tooholders and through spindle coolant and a few other options. They offered me HSK spindle or a ISO type spindle (50 taper I think), but I'd already been using the BT/CAT type and had several on hand.

I originally hoped to build the machine myself, but opted last year to have a MTB build me what I wanted, less the control. It just would have been too expensive to build myself and have it include everything I wanted.
    I just received the machine via delivery in late Sept.

Again, Thanks in Advance.

Greg

There is a great deal to integrating a system, especially Fanuc, you will have to write the ladder (PMC) and tool changers can be a challenge.
    I sent you a PM.
    Al.

Albert E.

Thanks Al,

I sent you a reply PM. That reference manual will be a great deal of help. I knew there would be a great deal of work to be done to get the control hooked up and to get it to work properly.

As for the PMC Ladder, is there any thing I should know, read or purchase before doing so, or should I get someone familar with this process to do that, or could someone do so with some guidance.

Greg

If you have not programmed a PLC before, it can be a bit of a daunting task, and one you may want to farm out, in any case, you would need programming software and possibly the eprom burner, so it might not be economically viable for one machine.
    When I got into CNC PMC/PLC, I would use a ladder from a comparable machine to use as a generic base.
    If it came off an existing machine, there should be all the basics such as all the operator panel I/O and many of the M,S,T codes written.
    Al.

Albert E.

Dear Al,

Thanks. I sent you a reply PM.

I'm having a small gathering of a few friends that know some about FANUC's, PLC's, Ladder Programming and the 0M.

One of them is a person who set up my old 6M-B control on another machine I had built a couple years back. (the previous owner of the control)

Will let you know hnow it goes in the shop tomorrow.

Greg