I'm researching lathes for my machine shop. In the past, I've always tried to buy decent condition, older American equipment, but it's getting harder to find, and since I make a living off of my shop, I don't have time to rebuild a lathe.

I'm looking for a 13 or 14 inch swing with spindle speeds at least close to 2000 rpm. Bed length isn't too important for what I'm going to use this for. 30 or 40" between centers would work fine.

This lathe would get used on all materials and be used on a near daily basis, but typically not all day long. It would see some small short run production work, but usually just short, quick, one-off parts.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a manual lathe, as I do have some CNC equipment for handling heavy production work. Also, I don't expect to get a top quality lathe from any of the suppliers mentioned above. I'm just looking for something middle of the road that can hold up fairly well over the next several years.

Has anyone used any lathes from these suppliers in a 13 or 14" swing range? If so, what is your opinion of them?