586,005 active members*
5,181 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone have a DynaPath Delta Mill?????

We have a DynaPath Delta Mill, having problems with "X" axis. Yes, it's the board, I swapped the X and Y axis ports, so then Y axis was the problem. I need to know if I can repair the board, or have it repaired? And by Who?

Thanks.

I have a Clausing Kondia knee mill from the early 90's with a Dynapath Delta 20 controller.

Did you contact Dynapath?
    I beleive they still support this controller.

I haven't had any problems with mine lately. However, when I bought it from the original owner several years ago, one of the boards went bad just before I picked it up. Fortunately, he paid the bill for a new board and replaced the bad one. So I know as of 3 or 4 years ago, you could still get new boards. Typically, I don't beleive they bother fixing them.

If you get on dynapath.com and pick on the support link, there are additional links that show you how to identify the controller. You'll want to do this before you call them.

I was curious about places that may repair Dynapath boards so I did a quick search and found these two. Both specifically mention that they will repair any Dynapath electronics. Hope this helps.

www.testpoint.com

www.nyco-systems.com

Thanks for the help, how did you find these places? I spoke with DynaPath, a new board is $866.00, repair will be aleast $275.00. But as right now it's working, I took the board out cleaned the connections. All is good for now.

Thanks.

I just did a Google search for Dynapath, and a these were two of the names that came up.

I have the same issue with my Dynapath system. Sometimes the Y axis will fail in the middle of a run and give me a fault message on the screen. I can clear the fault, rerun the program, and it will often happen again. So, I've learned to completely power the machine down, open the control cabinet, and pull the y axis driver board slightly out of the socket and plug it back in. Once I power the machine back up, everything is fine and I'll have no problems for a month or so.

Since this controller is getting old, but the machine is still in good shape, I'm considering doing a retrofit with a new Dynapath system or possibly a Centroid controller. I don't know which is better, but Centroid is located only about an hour from my shop.

This problem just started. Another problem is we just don't run it often enough. I want it for my "Government" Jobs.

Thanks Again.