586,011 active members*
4,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Next BBQ

Next BBQ

Can anybody tell me when the next BBQ will be .
    The may one ,was my first and I enjoyed it very much.

John Hansen

Dang...

I was expecting this thread was announcing the next BBQ

I was wondering about the next BBQ, I also thought this was the next announcement

I must say that I will most likely only go to the ones held in Summer, I nearly froze to death at the last BBQ, still shiverin'...

Russell.

You bunch of desperados
    How about November or Januaray?
    December is too much of a silly season.
    Being outside the square !!!

At this stage I would probably be in for January, may not bring much more than last time but would love to attend the next one

At least this time I would have a working machine to talk about

Russell.

*Bump

Any ideas on a date yet ?

Yes I do need a life...

No set date yet. Too soon after the last one. Maybe in 2 months time I will announce a date. Unless someone else wants to run one, and take care of promoting it, etc.

BTW I have been offered a part time job off the back of the last BBQ video, I posted on youtube.
    RMIT has asked me to run a course for advanced trades CNC. They are paying for my teacher training, and refresher course. Finally I have made a personal gain from these BBQ's The machines they have there are unreal and would cost many 10s of 1000s each. I told them I was a hobbyist, and only know what I needed to learn to build and run my own machine. They said they still wanted me though.

The irony is, that while the machines are industrial and expensive, they have small internal memory and the GCode has to be fed to them via streaming from a PC. Funny that MACH3 and EMC run off a PC and the GCode size is only limited by the PCs internal memory. Memory upgrade for the machines costs many 1000s of bucks. Go figure !!!
    Being outside the square !!!