585,712 active members*
4,006 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazatrol M2 DNC connection problem, ISO programs

Mazatrol M2 DNC connection problem, ISO programs

Hello guys,

I have a Mazak VQC15/40 with Mazatrol CAM-M2 controler, and I`m having big troubble trying to run it in DNC. I tried a lot of softwares with this machine (PC-DNC Editor,CAMWARE, Cadem Ncnet, DNC Precision, and others ) but no one seems to work with my machine… The only thing I could do was to transmit a program to the PC and back to the machine in CMT mode. But the Tape I/O and the DNC functions just won't do anything.

I`m using for the comunication a serial cable with this connections:
    Mazak 25 pin connector PC 9 pin connector
    1 Cable shield
    2 2
    3 3
    4 8
    5 7
    7 5
    6 and 8 4

The comunication parameters are both the same on the machine and on the PC : 4800 baud rate, 2 stop bits, 7 data bits (or 8 I tried both), even parity (or none parity tried also), and I suppose they are just right becouse I could transfer the programs.
    I realised that I don`t have the DNC module on one of the boards in the Controller, and I have sent that bord (and another one) to Mazak and they have installed some more memory modules on that board, so now the machine should work in DNC also. I have activated the DNC from the machine parameters and it was ok (it doesn`t get any check sum error as it did before this upgrade), so it should work now.

Another thing is tahat I have only a RS232 port on the machine, and that`s for CMT. Should I have separate ports for Tape I/O and DNC or they are running all three on the same one?
    Now, first of all I want to be shure that the machine has all the hardware it takes for saving ISO programs to/from machine and DNC drip feeding of ISO(G-code) programs, and the procedure for this (becouse I caudn`t find any one in the Mazak manuals that I have).

Thank you very much. I`ll hghly appreciate any help or any sugestions,

ddanutz1

You should have a seperate RS232 port for ISO programs. It should be connected to the FX17 card in the cabinet. If you dont have an FX17 card i dont think you can do ISO comms.

Beau

I had no idea about this, i need to check on the machine later today. So there might be two options:
    1. there is an FX17 card, and i need to take one cable out to the DB25
    2. there is not an FX17 card at all, and i would need a new one and go back to no.1
    Both ways, do you have some technical information about this card(datasheet, manual), thank you in advance.
    There is no other way to drip feed the G-code programs through the CMT serial connector?

ddanutz1

I have found the FX17 card in the cabinet !!
    I have tried some communication with the PC, but i get only strange characters(i am not sure about the cable and serial parameters) when punching ISO programs through the Tape I/O screen.
    Does anybody have the pinout of the DB28 connector on the FX17 card, the schematic of the serial cable and list of parameters?
    The connector in the back of FX17 card is named "CNI 1", it is a normal DB25 female connector.

Thank you in advance,

ddanutz1

Unhappy

Does anybody have a schematic for such serial cable, pinout of the connector?

Thank you,
    ddanutz1

The pinout should be in the electrical manual for the machine. If not then post back and i will try to send a copy of ours. It sounds as though the cable you are using works, you just need to adjust the baud, data and stop bits to suit the machine. What program are you using to download with?

Beau

Hi Beau,

I am afraid i do not have any electrical manual for this machine.
    If you could be so kind and send a schematic(please note that the connector is inside the electrical cabinet, on the back of the FX17 card), maybe the list of the parameters i will need to check on the machine, that would be very much appreciated... I am using(trying to...) NCnet for transfer of the ISO programs... i tried some punching/loading, but my succes was poor, only "@@@@" characters...

Looking forward for you kind comments,

Thanks,
    ddanutz1

..still not working

i

Can anybody help me in communicating on rs232 interface on mazatrol M1 control.I have mazatrol vqc 20/40 cnc machine with only CMT port available on the front panel.we want to run the machine using eia/iso hence we have enabled the eia/iso option using the option parameters.now i can write eia/iso programs in the main memory.now in order to communicate with pc ,i want to use tape i/o facility but there is no connector for tape i/o.on checking in the cnc control i found that the cmt connection is coming from card fx17 (2nd connector 20 pin honda)connector printed as cF24.now on opening the connector i found only five pins are connected to the 20 pin honda connector.my question is if i want to use tape i/o communication then what wires need to be added on to the 20 pin honda connector on fx17 card in the system.
    At present if i use cmt connector for communication then i get error saying tape reader not plugged in.i think there has to be another D25 connector for tape i/o which should have pins like 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 20.can any body give me the details of this 20 pin honda connector which will make tape i/o 25pin D connector.

hmm, i have recently found that the FX17 card in the cabinet needs some adapter to work with standard RS232 signals (some kind of level adapter). Does anybody have information about that??

Thanks,
    ddanutz1