585,969 active members*
4,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking wholesale tool

Has anyone at the cnczone looked at or purchased the 11x26 lathe from wholesale tool? It looks like a decent deal with cabinet,4 jaw etc.
    www.wttool.com

holy s**t! if an 11x26 is a mini-lathe, what do you call a real lathe?

robotic regards,

Tom

Talking wholesale lathe

sorry about that but all the lathes where I work are around 30 ft long!Mabye thats throwing me off.The site should be www.wttool.com.Anything smaller is usually wasting your $$$$$

That is the same lathe Grizzly sells but just a little longer (10x22 for Grizzly). It seems that everyone has a little different way of describing the machine but they all start from the same factory. I would hesitate to say this has an 11" swing as no other reseller indicates this. As Wholesale Tools does not provide detailed specs , its hard to be sure.

Grizzly sells the lathe for just under $1000 and the stand is $190. The stand they show for this lathe is not really the right one and the stand they sell for the 9x20 lathe would be better. That saves you a little money. Shipping for both items was about $170 (smaller stand less) and another $35 for lift gate services.

If Wholesale Tools can ship their unit for less, it would be a good deal. I don't know about their customer service but Grizzly has very good support.

At least check out Grizzly for a comparison.

Good luck if you purchase one. They are nice for the size.

I once owned a Poreba lathe with 29" swing and 157" between centers with a #6 Morse tailstock. It had 20 hp, D1-11 spindle and 4 way motorized traverse and 1-1/2" square toolholders. It weighed 15,500 lbs. It had a 25" 4 jaw chuck and 38" swing in the gap. When selling it, some older farm boys came down from Saginaw to look at it and decided it was too small for the work they were doing. So, like the other guy, 11" x 26" will always be mini. LOL.