585,555 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

the green button

whats up with the green start button is all it does is turn it on or is there a way to link it with the cycle start button in the controller? sure would like it to start it after a tool change

The green button should probably be labeled "Power" and not "start" It just gives the control circut power.

But this may help.

I run a job that is a bunch of drill cycles. Change part, cycle start about every 20 seconds. I run hundreds at a time. I usually pull up a chair and sit in front of the machine. It was a real hassel reaching over to the control to hit the mouse button. So....I found an old PS2 mouse with a ball in the bottom and took the ball out. This mouse also had a real long cord. I fished it through the computer cabinet into the front cabinet. When I need it I just open the front cabinet door pull it out and set it on the table. I set the "Main mouse" to hover over the "cycle start" on the mach screen and leave it there. Now my "Remote mouse" is a left click cycle start button. With the ball removed it can't do anything else. When the job is done I just coil up the cord and put it on the shelf in the front cabinet. It has worked very well for me. Maybe it will fit your needs as well.

Hope it works for you

Scott