585,605 active members*
3,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help editing post

Right now I have a post that I have edited a little and it has a tool list in the beginning. I've been successful in getting it to list correct tool numbers in order they are used, but would like it to print the comment for the tool that I give it in Mastercam. I would like it to go between the equal sign and the 2nd parantheses. Here is what I have:

(XXX )
    (P/N
    (BOGLINO - DATE
    (********************)
    ( T03= )
    ( T07= )
    ( T11= )
    ( T12= )
    ( T10= )
    ( T09= )
    ( T14= )
    ( T15= )
    ( T16= )
    ( T01= )
    (********************)

It is an Okuma post, from version 9. I use both 9 and x2, but when I get it right I will just update it for x2. Thanks in advance.

I have put asterisks in post and succeeded in getting them around where I want tool comment to go. Here is what I am getting:

(XXX )
    (P/N
    (BOGLINO - DATE
    (********************)
    ( T07=* *)
    ( T18=* *)
    ( T11=* *)
    ( T12=* *)
    ( T10=* *)
    ( T09=* *)
    ( T14=* *)
    ( T15=* *)
    ( T16=* *)
    ( T01=* *)
    (********************)

Here are the two places I put the asterisks in the post:

fmt "T" 4 tnote "=*" # Note format
    fmt "DIA. OFF. - " 4 toffnote # Note format
    fmt "LENGTH - " 4 tlngnote # Note format
    fmt "TYPE- " 11 tldia # Note format

This is toward beginning of post, and here:

pwrtt # Write tool table, scans entire file, null tools are negative

tnote = t
    toffnote = tloffno
    tlngnote = tlngno
    if t >= 0, "(", tnote, "*)"
    if t >= 0, tcnt = tcnt + 1

Which is the last thing before the # questions at the end of the post. As post is reading the tool numbers, and putting them in order at beginning of my program, I want it to read the coinciding tool comment I enter in Mastercam, and print it in the tool list. Thanks in advance for the help.

bugz, I got nothing for you. I have a copy of mpmaster off the net that is pretty complete and has some descriptions of what some of the tags are. It's easy to find, I got it at http://www.emastercam.com/posts/mpmaster/mpmaster9.html.

But, if you would be so kind, I would love to have a copy of your mc v9 .pst & .txt for okuma. I use osp700m and osp5020 and they seem to be able to use the same code. But I am having a difficult time modifying the mpmaster and an even harder time finding a mc v9 okuma post. If you would help my email is [email protected] and if you choose not to I'll understand 100% and just keep looking and working. Wish I could help with the descriptions in the call out, it would be handy and should be in there anyway, I hope you figure it out or get some real help.

I believe the code you are looking for is the strtool variable. I do not have a copy of your post so I don't know what you have in it. here is a post block that formats the tool comment.

pstrtool #Comment for tool
    if strtool <> sblank,
    [
    strtool = ucase(strtool)
    *strtool, " "
    ]

You need to make modify your line to look like the following.

if t >= 0, "(", tnote, pstrtool, ")"

and add the pstrtool postblock code I posted above into your post.

This should get you closer to what you want.

AC
    AC
    Has anyone seen my pillow?

I think there's another section that you have to have for "strtool" to actually have a value (i.e. the tool name). Theres a pparameter sections that calls a 91000 parameter and loads the tools data into a list of variables. I think. I know I have it in my posts. My posts print out a tool#/offset#/Name list at the beginning.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Are you looking for something like this?

3/19/2003 2:52:18 PM
    ABC EWA-7647 1-3/4 IN. 52100 MAKES 5 #3 T42
    REV. D

T0101 BARSTOP
    T0303 3/4 IN. BORING BAR CPGT-3251LF KC730
    T0404 35 DEG. PROFILE TOOL VNMG-332PF 4015
    T0505 3/4 IN. BORING BAR CPGM-3252 KC935
    T0707 1/2 IN. GROOVE BAR NTK2L KC730
    T1111 .937 INSERT DRILL
    T1212 CUT-OFF T00L N151.2-250 4E 4125

Our DNC doesn't output anything to the machines until it sees the asterik. That is why we were able to delete the parenthesis signs from the header.

There are several places in the program where it has to be modified. Our dealer set ours up for v9. When we converted to X, they had to do it again as several of our posts were old enough not to update to X. Different guy the last time, and so I wound up having to make some modifications to get it back to where it was in v9.

Doubt I could tell you where to look to make the changes, but might be able to help if I had your post and an example of what you want it to look like...maybe!