584,862 active members*
5,699 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ripper Mate!

Ripper Mate!

Great to see the Excitech has been given a sub forum. Thanks Mods!

I guess the original thread was becoming rather large with over 2,000 posts.

This gives us a fantastic opportunity to help new and intending buyers of the sh-cnc Excitech.

I had dicussed with Shannon ( Big S ) the possibility of posting some tutorials to show how the machine operates. The dilemna was where to post the tutorials without them becoming lost within the thread.

It was not very long ago that yours truly was absolutely cacking himself prior to the arrival of our machine. There were many doubts in my mind such as - could i successfully operate the machine? - would i crash it and ruin it? - could an absolute newbie to computers - design something, send it to the machine and actually make something? Well the fact of the matter is that i still do not know how to do the design work.

Thankfully we knew Ramon. He is very good on computers and is a uni student. Ramon was happy to earn some dollars to help get through university and be able to pay for the many excesses of todays youth.
    He took to the learning curve with a great vigour and quickly became familiar with our operating software - V Carve Pro.

Today Ramon is a very capable cnc man! He continues to learn more about it all the time and we are amazed at his progress. Friend and forum member Matty Zee has recently helped Ramon to make some alterations to the way he operates the software - to the extent that it is almost a parametric program where he only needs to type the sizes of the required board and the calculations are all made in the software.

The idea was for Ramon to learn it first and then teach us how to do it, but time constraints with running a very busy family business have prevented us from learning the program ( so far ). My intention is to purchase a second machine - 1200 x 2400 running on single phase power that i can put in my garage at home so that i can learn in my spare time.

Rocket.

EXCELLENT (think Mr Burns on the Simpsons )

Now we can clutter up this area and no one will mind.

Shannon.

Talking NAH! Burnsy sits behind a desk all day.

We are full on "hands on" all the time! And besides that - he has money!

Burns could probably use the help of a mad rocket scientist! You should apply.

How about some photos of your " Souped up " Excitech?

That would be this one I will have to get some more pics of it with its new bed surface on it. It must seem to have something changed every other day

Shannon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03786.jpg  

Cool Too right!

Quote Originally Posted by Big S View Post
    That would be this one I will have to get some more pics of it with its new bed surface on it. It must seem to have something changed every other day

Shannon.
    That would be because it does!!

With your vacuum pump - make sure to use a one piece spoilboard for maximum vacuum.

Rocket

I will most likely be using a thin 2.5mm waste sheet, they get used a couple of times then thrown out (or made into 'other' things' ). It will end up costing a little more but means that it is easier to get access to the T-slots when machining aluminium.

Shannon.

If you guys want to post tutorials, I can make them sticky and stay at the top of the page. Just let me know.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)