585,683 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile The sh-cnc Excitech 1530 B

Here are some photos of our ripper Excitech cnc Router.

There are lots of photos to post. I am starting with photos of the machine and spindle, and will add more in other posts.

Rocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00723.jpg   DSC00783.jpg   DSC00774.jpg   DSC00779.jpg  

DSC00756.jpg   DSC00745.jpg   DSC00684.jpg   DSC00691.jpg  

DSC00679_edited-1.jpg   DSC00686.jpg  

The Electrics

More photos of the electrical system and components. If anyone has any particular photos they would like to see close up - just let me know.

Rocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00820.jpg   DSC00683.jpg   DSC00682.jpg   DSC00688.jpg  

DSC00730.jpg   excitech191.jpg   excitech190.jpg   excitech183.jpg  

excitech185.jpg   excitech187.jpg   excitech209.jpg   excitech180.jpg  

Smile More photos

Note becker vacuum pump.

We manufacture and install built in robes with sliding doors. The Excitech`s job is to router fancy patterns into the doors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00780.jpg   DSC00757.jpg   DSC00760.jpg   RIMG0006_edited.jpg  

DSC00743.jpg   DSC00727.jpg   DSC00674.jpg   excitech174.jpg  

DSC00729.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Note becker vacuum pump.

Speaking of which, do you find it holds things down well enough? I have read on the net that a 5' x 10' router needs around 20KW to hold down really well(nuts). That works out to about NZD$20 an hour to run. I will just use clamps at the same time than fork out that much $$$ for power. We have just purchased a second hand Becker VTLF250 for a VERY good price

Shannon.

Becker pump - No worries mate!

Pump has not given us any trouble. Holds our panels very well, but all of our panels are large - as in the smallest sheet would be 1200 x 2400.

The only time we had a panel move was quite funny. The rep who was trying to sell us a $100,000 Router ( before we bought the Excitech) came in to see if we were still interested in his machine. I proudly took him down to have a look at the Excitech. Ramon was routering a panel at the time and the bloody panel moved! The rep went off with a smirk on his face.
    I was going internally beserk! Ramon said it had not happened before and has not happened since. May have been someone from upstairs having a bit of a lark!

Our accounts man has not mentioned anything about the power bill jumping up in the router factory. I will ask him.
    I hear that the New Zealand Dollar is not worth much, so your $20 is probably $5 in OZ.

Or maybe less than $5 but its still $20 less that I wont get paid though. the smaller pumps should be fine with correct 'vacuum management'

You would have to have a LOT of panels move before you get to $100,000 for that other router.

Shannon.

Shannon,

Just wanted to chime in and mention that we bought the Chinese version of the Becker VTLF250, 10HP pump with our CNC.

While we were hooking it up and bumping it to check for correct rotation I couldn't resist running it with just a 5' x 10' sheet of MDF on the table, not machined or sealed in anyway. I threw a scrap of melemine about 8" x 20" on the table and it sucked it down and held it in-place no problem. The router did come with a large vaccum tank that must be increasing it's performance, but I am not up to speed on what role it plays in vacuum systems.

Regardless, I can't imagine how the pump wouln't be sufficient with a properly sealed spoilboard and using the various strategies for small parts holding.

Spencer.

The reason most manufacturers recommend 15 to 25 HP vacuum pumps is leakage. You can use a small high vacuum 1/3 HP pump to hold parts, we do it all the time. BUT if you get any air leak between the part and the table...the part is gone. The MDF sacrificial board doesn't flow much air through its pores, so you need a high volume pump to maintain adequate vacuum at the part. There are a few things you can do to help.

Use a dedicated fixture with rubber gasket and suction holes. Good for repeat jobs, but not good if you are constantly changing jobs.

If your blank doesn't cover the whole table, cover the unused areas with something to block off the vacuum loss. Anything flat and thin is OK. Formica, thin plastic or even poly sheet ( it's hard to keep poly sheet where you want it).Also think about sealing the edges of the MDF with masking tape or paint.

Take a skim cut on both surfaces of the MDF. The surface is usually less porus than the middle due to the way they make it.

Use LDF because it has larger spaces between the particles of wood.

BC-CNC

The tank lets a smaller pump build up a reserve and helps keep the vacuum at a higher value if you get a momentary leak. Problem with a tank is if you do have a constant leak the vacuum will start to drop and now the pump has to try to evacuate the tank AND keep the part on the table.

HTH
    PW