584,814 active members*
5,235 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Visual Basic > Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit)
Page 1 of 3 123

Emco Compact5 Interface (like Weledit)

I am working on a program that is essentially like Welsoft's WelEdit. I recently bought an Emco Compact 5 and the DOS software did/does not cut it. I started reading about the serial settings & code formats, and it didn't sound like anything I had not done before. I was about 1/2 way done when I wandered across the Welsoft program online and I was shocked to see how similar it was to what I wanted, except for the fact that it costs nearly a hundred bucks.
    I use the mscomm control to talk to com 1 at 300 baud. I used a listview control to keep track of the individual lines. I ended up using basically the same layout as the Welsoft program, except for mine is free! (and I can customize it however I want to!) If anyone is interested, I can send you a copy once I get it all tweaked out. I have successfully created, transferred, and run a simple program with it. This evening I was able to write a short program on the machine, then upload it to the program, and successfully save it to disk.
    I'll attach a screenshot so you can see what it looks like.
    If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
    Thanks, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emco5.jpg  
    Expensive tools can be cheaper than professional therapy

I am very interested in that software that you have written... hopefully it will solve all of my problems with this machine.... Def send it to me [email protected] Thanks alot.

Yes, I would be interested too. Haven't worked with the lathe lately but would like ot give it a try.

Thanks,
    mc_n_g

[email protected]

Hi I am Marcel I have an emco compact 5 cnc machine can you tel me how to save a program on the cassette from the controle, also how to stop the cassette tape fron running.
    Thank You Marcel
    Email is: [email protected]

Hello-
    I haven't messed with this thing for a while- or visited this site. Too busy. Anyway, if anyone wants the source code, send me an email and I will send you a copy of what I have in its current state. I will all but guarantee the drawing of curves is messed up, at least it was the last time that I dinked around with it. Makes you wish you paid more attention in geometry class. The edit/upload portion does work fine though, I have used that part a number of times. I can also compile it into an exe, but without creating an install package, I cannot guarantee that any given machine will contain the necessary dependencies, etc.
    I have emailed the source to one person and I am curious to see if someone other than myself can get it to work.

As far as cassette tapes go, I have not been able to get mine to work at all. That's one of the reasons I wrote this thing- so that I could archive various programs on the PC and edit/transfer them easily to the machine.

Thanks, Mike

OK Guys, Here ya go
    http://members.cox.net/mnorth1b/
    Pretty utilitarian, but it did work! Do what you will with the source code, I'm not too sentimental.
    If anyone gas good/bad luck, let us know.
    If someone wants to take it from here and enhance it, that would be great.
    Thanks, Mike

Mike's Software

I really like this software. I havn't tried it on the machine but its really cool so far. The drawing of the code is great. I wish someone could fix the rendering of the G02, G03 and the arcs. This program will be great for my students to see what they are programming. As it is it only draws the straight lines correctly. Can anyone take this fantastic program and finish the rendering?

thanks
    Charlie
    Van Nuys High School

Compac5 software

Thanks for the hint, i will find out how it works and will add some thinks to it, first study the source an eventialy add the G02 and G03 to it.
    Give me some time.
    Greatings

I'm working on it and i just add some futurs to it like G02 and G03 working fine, als add G92 and saeching on G90 and G91.
    How can i upload the adjust file to You so someone els can use it?
    regards

I would contact mikkojay as he posted it on his site and it is his original creation.
    Most likely he will post and host it. If not we should be able to find a shared location for it.
    mc_n_g

greetings!
    i just had the oppurtunity to work on a compact5 cnc,the thing is it has not been used for the last 10 years and no records are available for reference purposes. can you help me on this?please send any information to [email protected]ks

Go to teh yahoo groups. Some of the manuals are there.
    mc_n_g

Mike's Interface

Quote Originally Posted by maniso View Post
    I'm working on it and i just add some futurs to it like G02 and G03 working fine, als add G92 and saeching on G90 and G91.
    How can i upload the adjust file to You so someone els can use it?
    regards
    I know its been almost a year since anyone posted anything about this, but maniso posted that he did some updates to this program. Does anyone have the latest update with G02 & G03 capibilities? If so, could you please send me a copy at: [email protected]

TY

Smile allmost finish it

It allmost more than 6 monts that i dit something on the programme but it had some serius futurs, it is allmost finish.
    If someone is interest pse let me now.

I am interested if you have something new available.

Dan

I'm just back from holiday and i will send the latest file to You if i had Your mailadress.
    Pse let me now the mailadress.

PM sent,

Thanks for you help.

Dan

What did you end up doing to it?

Nothing that I could tell but maybe something behind the covers.

Compact 5

As i can see is there back some interesting in the Compact 5.
    I will atach the self installing utilitie to use te simulationprogram and communication to the EmcoLatch.
    Hope that i can help more persons whitch are wane use it.
    Have fun .

Page 1 of 3 123