584,837 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking Fanuc 18i MB option parameters

The company I work for has a number of "Horkos" machining centres that are fitted with Fanuc 18i MB controllers.
    These machines are about 4 years old now. I have succcessfully changed option parameters on these to expand
    memory, turn on background editing and so on. Recently the company bought another 8 machines with the same controller
    but these option parameters are not visible nor do they appear when you save all the parameters to the flash card.
    I have also tried to write to these by using the G10 command in the NC program.
    Is there some way that these parameters can be made visible so they can be edited?

The newer i series can not be chaged in the field (> july 2006 i believe). They can be viewed in nc diagnostics Starting at # 10000 I think. Changes must now go thru Fanuc. It can be done via email but must still be paid for.

My question was: What if I lost all my params? How can I put the options back in?

No Problem. The options are stored on flash rom and even though you wiped your memory, the options will still be there. Fanuc has head us off at the pass.

I remember reading in one of there manuals of some kind of warning that should you figure how to remove the option file, change it, and reinstall without haveing s serial # specific password that it would lock up the control until Fanuc came out.

Quote Originally Posted by humpa View Post
    The company I work for has a number of "Horkos" machining centres that are fitted with Fanuc 18i MB controllers.
    These machines are about 4 years old now. I have succcessfully changed option parameters on these to expand
    memory, turn on background editing and so on. Recently the company bought another 8 machines with the same controller
    but these option parameters are not visible nor do they appear when you save all the parameters to the flash card.
    I have also tried to write to these by using the G10 command in the NC program.
    Is there some way that these parameters can be made visible so they can be edited?
    Not a good idea to post that you have been stealing options from Fanuc. They have a real hard on about it. I know shops that have had Fanuc come in and turn them all off, or send them a bill for 25,000 for the ones they stole.
    I think there was a posting in here about three months ago with a warning.
    Do not be surprized if the come knocking on your door and hand you a bill.
    Never post that kind of stuff in this forum bud.

Just trying to help, Bluesman