585,568 active members*
3,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Processor - AlphaCAM

I need help with generating accurate cutting times for AlphaCAM & MultiCAM 5000,

I was wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction, regards to ;

Establishing accurate cutting times using AlphaCAM & MultiCAM 5000

Fairly new to this, but I am unable to generate a cutting time, per job basis.

I've managed a work-around, by selecting another machine type, Alpha STD, 3 Axis router.

This is from within AlphaCAM.

Can anyone please suggest a better approach.

Many thanks

Rico

HI Rico,

to get times for your jobs in alphacam, goto file and click setup sheet, this will out put a drawing and list of all the operations on the current job, along with a time for each operation.

this option is only selectable when you have a job open which has toolpaths or drillings on it.

as long as your tool feeds are set correctly in the tooling files then the times are usually quite acurately.

alternataivly there is a line you can input into your post, when you out put the job the time to run the panel will appear at the top of the program.

john

SOOOOO WHAT IS THAT CODE U ENTER??

Open up your Post Processor in Alpha Edit and page down to line...

$540 Suppress Operations List, Start and Comments in NC code (1 = Yes, 0 = No)

Set the line directly under this to 0 and save the Post. All comments, tools and cutting times will now appear in green text at the top of your NC programs.

thx frank
    that works great
    have u ever used a touch probe on a cnc router or know if that can be done
    i do alot of small parts & have to find center , so a probe would speed things up for me

mike

Hi Mike,

Have as yet not used a Touch Probe, the companies I've worked for could never justify the cost.
    I dare say that whatever probe you get should come with its own probing Macro's to suit your controller that should make using the probe fairly easy.

Controllers like the Heidenhain come equipped with probing Macro's and reading the manuals it looks fairly simple.

Regards,
    Frank.