Hi Caprirs,
I am at the later stages of acquiring a (working) Dyna M3 based DM4400M. You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about this machine and control, so I'm hoping you can answer a question or two for me...

First, there are a few posts out there that have the parameters for the M3. What I don't know is whether or not the Dyna has different flavors of parameters. The machine I'm considering has more switches on the panel than pictures of other machines. It also has a fourth axis. If these changes required a different parameter file, which seems like it could be a reasonable conclusion, then the M3 parameters out there on the net won't work for me.

My question, then, is can you tell me the process by which I can download the existing parameters for safekeeping? I think I'd like to do this before I even move the machine just in case the battery were to get jiggled or something.

The second question is... Do you know if this control is capable of supporting a tool presetter and/or probe? I know the older SKIP control was capable of that, and I'm assuming the Meldas is a more advance control, so I would guess the M3 can, but if it can, does that require a different parameter set as well?

Thanks!

P.S. I tried to send this as a PM, but your mailbox is full.