584,826 active members*
5,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 0i-MC absolute arc center

Is there a way to change my control parameters so that it always reads in arc centers as absolute. This is on a 2007 0i-MC control.

Thanks
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by PinnacleMachine View Post
    Is there a way to change my control parameters so that it always reads in arc centers as absolute. This is on a 2007 0i-MC control.

Thanks
    JP
    I just looked through my parameter manual and I didn't find anything related to what you want to accomplish. Maybe there is a work around for ya, tell us a little more about what you are trying to do and maybe we can help.

The problem I've been having is that my control says there is an arc end point tolerance issue. My arc end point tolerance Parameter 3410 is set to 100 (=0.001"). In my cam software I can post arcs either abs or inc and with it posting in abs it is easier for me to work out on paper if there really is a problem. To get around the tolerance issue I just set Parameter 3410 to 0 to turn it off - my parts came out just fine.

JP

Quote Originally Posted by PinnacleMachine View Post
    The problem I've been having is that my control says there is an arc end point tolerance issue. My arc end point tolerance Parameter 3410 is set to 100 (=0.001"). In my cam software I can post arcs either abs or inc and with it posting in abs it is easier for me to work out on paper if there really is a problem. To get around the tolerance issue I just set Parameter 3410 to 0 to turn it off - my parts came out just fine.

JP
    Cool, so it sounds like you solved your issue or at least found a work around, see I knew I could help

Fanuc's use incremental arc-centers. Is your CAM system outputting X, Y, I and J to 5 decimal places? You could also (possibly?) set your CAM system to output the radius (R) of the arc, rather than the centerpoint (I,J).

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    Fanuc's use incremental arc-centers. Is your CAM system outputting X, Y, I and J to 5 decimal places? You could also (possibly?) set your CAM system to output the radius (R) of the arc, rather than the centerpoint (I,J).
    I've just bee posting to 4 decimal places - should I change it to 5? I can also change my post to output R rather than I,J

JP