584,879 active members*
5,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi FR-SGJ Spindle Drive

I have a faulty Mitsubishi FR-SGJ-2-1.5K Spindle Drive, from a Traub TNL16, that’s giving an alarm 24 (main circuit fault).
    I've fitted a replacement drive & the machine is OK so I know the problem is on the original drive.

I've visually checked the drive over & there's nothing obviously blown.
    Does anyone have a Troubleshooting Manual for this drive they could e-mail me or a link to one?

Thanks
    Mike

http://www.meau.com
    nav to downloads
    click manuals
    select for division-cnc
    family=spindle amp
    series=fr
    manual type = maintenance
    select your manual

Sorry I couldn't link you straight away, tried but it wouldn't display the manuals.

Hi Leelund,
    Many thanks for the info.
    Noticed this link on a few other posts for Mitsubishi but could never get into it, was always re-directed to the Melfans site.
    Last night I found an old post, by Gridley51, with info on de-activating IE active script & have now been in & got the maintenance manual downloaded.

Turned out to be perfect timing as we had a problem with an FR-SF drive this morning that popped a 35A supply fuse. I've had this in the past & replaced the fuse & got fireworks when I powered back up!
    At least today I was able to download a troubleshooting manual & carry out checks on the diode stack & transistors etc to prove the drive was OK.
    I meggered the motor & cable & all was OK so I replaced the fuse & we're back in business.

I’ll check out the FR-SGJ manual & let you know how I get on with the drive.

Mike

Mike,don`t know if you are aware,but Mits in Europe don`t support some of the Fr drives and if they are on a Mazak they won`t even talk to you.You can get around this by talking to Mits in the States.They are not very good at emails but excellent on a phone call.
    Mark.

Mark,
    Thanks for the info.
    No Mazaks here but have 11 Traubs & they’re all Mitsubishi.
    It’s the same situation with Mits Europe, they won’t talk to you, you have to go to Traub.
    Traub will only supply a complete drive, on service exchange, you can’t order individual boards/components.

I’ve never tried calling Mits in the States, I presumed they’d just give me the brush off & tell me to call Mits in Germany or go to Traub.
    Is there anyone in particular that’s best to deal with?
    Have you been able to buy boards/components from them or do you have other sources?

Mike

Mike,I`ve sent you a PM.
    Mark.

Mitsubishi FR-SGJ Spindle Drive - Alarm 24

Finally got back to this last week.
    I'd swapped the front card, SGJ-CB, with another drive & the fault followed.
    Took the card off & just went through the components with a meter doing simple resistance checks, found resistor R61 open circuit (680Kohm 3W).
    Got resistors in on Monday, soldered one in & ran the machine on MDI at various speeds for 24hrs & all OK.
    It's been back in production since yesterday afternoon & OK so far.

Hi Mike.
    Are you still on the same email address?
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mikwest View Post
    Hi Leelund,
    Many thanks for the info.
    Noticed this link on a few other posts for Mitsubishi but could never get into it, was always re-directed to the Melfans site.
    Last night I found an old post, by Gridley51, with info on de-activating IE active script & have now been in & got the maintenance manual downloaded.

Turned out to be perfect timing as we had a problem with an FR-SF drive this morning that popped a 35A supply fuse. I've had this in the past & replaced the fuse & got fireworks when I powered back up!
    At least today I was able to download a troubleshooting manual & carry out checks on the diode stack & transistors etc to prove the drive was OK.
    I meggered the motor & cable & all was OK so I replaced the fuse & we're back in business.

I’ll check out the FR-SGJ manual & let you know how I get on with the drive.

Mike
    Hello Mike,
    I'm looking for datasheet and electronical shema of FR-SGJ and FR-SF, I have some problem with spindle drive (NC EMERGENCY) after power-off from network, and need more info to solve problem. Could you link me where to find some data about FR-SGJ? I checked on http://wwwf2.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/english/ but it is not available.