585,727 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MRI Scanner Lenses

I made some lenses for a prototype MRI scanner. Can't say a lot about it, but if in the future you find yourself in an MRI scanner looking through lenses.... they'll be mine

The lenses on the left are for the left eye, them on the right are for the right eye.

I had to cut them corners off after the optical surfaces were finished. That was scary! After that I had to black paint the sides to stop stray reflections.

These are one of the most difficult set of lenses I've made- the code for the big one was over 5000 lines. I had to write a program to write the code since it's never been done before.

Hope they work lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MRI_0004.jpg   MRI_0006.jpg  
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Sorry, I know this was several months back but how did you cut the corners off the lenses? Thanks.

Paul

Re: MRI Scanner Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by ImanCarrot View Post
    I made some lenses for a prototype MRI scanner.. Can't say a lot about it, but if in the future you find yourself in an MRI scanner looking through lenses.... they'll be mine

The lenses on the left are for the left eye, them on the right are for the right eye.

I had to cut them corners off after the optical surfaces were finished. That was scary! After that I had to black paint the sides to stop stray reflections.

These are one of the most difficult set of lenses I've made- the code for the big one was over 5000 lines. I had to write a program to write the code since it's never been done before.

Hope they work lol.
    All the best for your invention