585,761 active members*
4,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad Will Not Open.

Bobcad Will Not Open.

I down loaded the patch, and now I can't ever get Bobcad to open/ operate.
    Any ideals on what to do? Don't have much time to call Tech, right now.

Thanks.

What you will need to do is unistall bobcad and both predators . Then download the full install link below . run istall then restart computer .

http://bobcaddownloads.com/downloads....001Update.exe

Once the update has been installed goto the systems files folder inside Bobcad V22
    C:\Program Files\BobCAD-CAM\BobCAD-CAM V22\System Files
    and install both the predator editor , and the predator vitural .

If you are still having issues please call technical support at 727-489-0003

I had that same problem at home and went to work the next day and downloaded it again on a super fast internet connection and it works fine now.

Hi I had a similar problem this last winter where it would not open at all. It turned out to be that I needed to down load the latest video card driver then it would open. hope this helps

I have BobCAD V22 on a desktop system and the latest update (full version not the patch) installed with no problem.

The other system is a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. I also had to download and install the latest update for the video card from Dell.

After that BobCAD opened fine. Predator Editor was another story, it would only operate in demo mode. The Predator Virtual CNC was fine.

Ended up having to email BobCAD tech support and they did a remote to the laptop and fixed it. Seems the update had installed another system file. It also was not uninstalling previous versions of itself.

If you install updated video drivers and it still doesn't work contact tech support. Email works better than a phone call.

It also speeds things up to have the computer on and hooked to the internet. Go to http://www.bobcad.com, look under "Support" and down load the "Support Tool". This will allow the tech person to remotely control your computer.

Hope some of this helps.

Good Luck.

Well, I called support today. Still will not open, tried everything at least twice. I told them to send me a disc, I'll just wait for that.

Thanks.

This may not apply to your problem, but it happened on a friends install:

When launching from desktop icon, nothing happened.

Ctrl/Alt/Delete to open the Task Manager and Bobcad.exe was running in the Process tab.

Highlighted it and Ended process.

Closed Task manager.

Relaunched Bobcad, this time it worked.

Not a fix, but got it going.

Goodluck,
    moldmker

I had trouble with mine until I clicked on "properties" after right clicking on the icon.

Setting the properties so it ran as administrative solved my trouble.

???

:rainfro:If I try to open a bobcad file, and Bobcad is not already open, it will not open. I have to reboot to get it to work at all. Is this normal?

With Bobcad V22 you open a file unless you open Bobcd first then open the file . This is known and being corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheG View Post
    With Bobcad V22 you open a file unless you open Bobcd first then open the file . This is known and being corrected.
    Should I have to shut down and reboot? If I do this with other prorgams, I get a prompt to select which program to open it with.
    Oh well, I'll just do it the correct way from now on. Thanks for the info.
    Matt

Yeah Bobcad still shuts down when I am in the middle of useing it but I will be at IMTS and will let everyone know all about it.

Unhappy How to fix it...

Remove from computer and put the software in the trash. Spend more money for a program that works without work arounds or problems. It hurt, but that is what I did. I'm a little poorer now, for the short term but, but the stress and pain in my gut is gone.(nuts)

Error Ytink

Used oxford's trick and got my V18 to open that had an error at start up so I copy'd all the drawing's to disk now If I can open them in 19-20 LOL Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    Remove from computer and put the software in the trash. Spend more money for a program that works without work arounds or problems. It hurt, but that is what I did. I'm a little poorer now, for the short term but, but the stress and pain in my gut is gone.(nuts)
    So what software did you buy to fix the pain.

John

After a month of testing different...

...CAD & CAM programs, I bought Alibre Pro CAD bundled with a Visual Mill 4 axis (Pro). It cost me $2500.
    Know anyone who wants to buy BCC V22 with Training CD’s? :violin:
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    ...CAD & CAM programs, I bought Alibre Pro CAD bundled with a Visual Mill 4 axis (Pro). It cost me $2500.
    Know anyone who wants to buy BCC V22 with Training CD’s? :violin:
    Steve
    No, but I am interested in how well the Pro version of Visual Mill are working out for you. I am currently looking at the VM Pro directly from Mecsoft which has a few added tool paths, Full 4 Axis, and 5 Axis Indexing. Granted it costs $3,395 on the Novedge site but for the work I do it is a better fit.

With the cost of a Haas OM2 with 5 Axis Trunion and SL-10 money will be tight for quite some time.

I have also been looking at Mastercam X3 (which is what my job has) but the cost is through the roof for Level 3 Mill with Solids, LOL.

Maybe a call to my Alibre Representitive will pan out to a cheaper cost, but that would mean V5.0 instead of V6.0.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

They never end
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4800.jpg   IMG_4796.jpg   IMG_4789.jpg   IMG_4797.jpg  

IMG_4790.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Tobyaxis...

Still working through it all...first impression is I'm happy with it. It is a lot to learn and I have only had to e-mail for advice one time. They responded the next day with a very concise and detailed answer. Very nice. I down loaded the Mecsoft 6 tutorial examples and I'm comparing them to the version 5 tutorials from Alibre. It is interesting and not so different that I think I can play around with them in v5. I'm still using my old 2 1/2 axis software but will try to use the new, as time allows. Free time is very short right now. Waaay to many projects and playtime things going on - :cheers:
    Steve

Nice to hear that your Happy. Good luck on those projects
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com