584,337 active members*
6,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shoptask 2000 valuation

Howdy,

I need a little help and advice here if I may. I am liquidating assets of a family member for the estate. I am attempting to place a re-sale value on the 2000 model shoptask 3 in 1 unit that is included in the inventory. I can not find any reliable information to place a price on it with. It is not CNC equipped, but seems to be in very very good condition, as it was used sparingly by one person in pursuit of a hobby, and never used commercially.
    Can anyone here give me guidance on value, and also possibly some forums to
    explore the idea of selling the unit.
    I do thank you for all of your help.

When I sold my 17-20 model, I got nearly a new price for it. I suggest you call JT at Shoptask and he can look up the original owners file and give you some advice.

Last September I purchased a used Bridgemill, the model after the 2000, with a bucket load of tooling and full CNC for $3k. Like anything, a willing buyer and a willing seller.

David

sold a lightly used 1720 to a friend about 3 years ago, he gave me $650 for it, what I had paid a few years before that...
    he was happy with the price..
    I was even able to add the extra $300 that he had owed me for a while to the 'due on pickup' total........
    good condition,basically no extra tooling at all..no stand..

..enjoy..

I just paid $2,400 for the Bridgemill model after yours...with full CNC set up (although not fully installed), DRO X-Y-Z, 3 jaw and 4 jaw chucks, 4 position quick change tool post, Kurt vise and another cheap vise, boring bar kit, fly cutter kit, indexable insert cutting tools, a box of Harbor Freight end mills, and a pile of other stuff of minor value. The mill itself appears nearly new and was never used by the last owner and little used by the original owner (based on cleanliness and little to no marks on the tables or vice surfaces.

I also looked at one that came with machine and the stand...he wanted $1,700 and sold it for $900. It looked decent and reasonably cared for but did show signs of lots of use. It was same model you have.

This definitely the time to shop for bargains. A couple of years ago before the economic bubble burst, people were paying near new prices for used machines. Now there are a lot of people looking to generate cash by selling off a lot of stuff. On the plus side, a smart guy with some imagination could use one of these machines to make himself some real money.

Quote Originally Posted by waferthinlogic View Post
    Howdy,

I need a little help and advice here if I may. I am liquidating assets of a family member for the estate. I am attempting to place a re-sale value on the 2000 model shoptask 3 in 1 unit that is included in the inventory. I can not find any reliable information to place a price on it with. It is not CNC equipped, but seems to be in very very good condition, as it was used sparingly by one person in pursuit of a hobby, and never used commercially.
    Can anyone here give me guidance on value, and also possibly some forums to
    explore the idea of selling the unit.
    I do thank you for all of your help.
    i have a new tri-power fully loaded,give 9,987.00,will sell reasonably. 601-584.8450.9-3pm cst.

There was one on craiglist I was watching, hoping for a good deal, but it sold for pretty high $$. Try there or E-bay and you can probably get good money.