585,753 active members*
3,685 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil CNC Super X3 for sale on eBay

Syil CNC Super X3 for sale on eBay

I am selling a CNC Super X3 on eBay. It was purchased new from Syil in the summer of 2006. At eBay you can search under Syil or click here. It has never been used for metal cutting, it never really worked. It was delivered by Syil not fully assembled and without instructions or wiring diagram. Later they sent a wiring diagram and by gosh it moved, but the first thing it did was blow past the Y axis limit switch and the Y axis ballscrew self destructed. The Syil person said they would reassemble and repair the ballscrew if we returned it. Sent the ballscrew back to Syil but never got a repaired one back from them, so this machine comes without a Y axis ballscrew. The spindle turns but it only goes one speed and sometimes will not start. There are variable speed controls but they do nothing. If Syil has parts available it may be possible to get this thing working as intended, but given the history of support and the reputation of Syil, I would counsel any prospective buyer to consider this machine a project kit that will need quite a bit of work to turn it into a useful machine. Z and X axis ballscrews are intact. All stepper drivers are intact. There is a Mach3 configuration file available. The stand will be included.

in summer 2006 Syil America still not have shipment from china.they coming to china at Sep.
    so,i think your machine must coming from china import directly.

please provide your contact info,let me check.we never heard some customer need replace the ballscrews...anyway even though your want to sell it also need give a working machine right?
    let me see what can i help for you.
    xushuo
    Syil china.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Xushuo,
    I have listed the machine on eBay but when it sells I will give the new owner your name so they can email you about the ballscrew and spindle and limit switch problems. If you will please give me contact information I will give that to the new owner.

New owner needs Syil's help!

Xushuo,

I purchased the mill from odonatas and have received it. It arrived exactly as odonatas described it. It's obvious that this machine has never been used, but I want to change that!

I was able to fix the spindle last night. One of the connectors on motor sensor was bad and I also found a cold solder connection on the board.

It looks like the Y sensor wasn't properly aligned which caused the problem. All the steppers are now working. I now need to get the ballscrew back from Syil. It was sent in with all the mounting brackets and bearings still attached to it. Please have a look around and see if you can locate it. I'm sure it just needs reloading! If we can't find it, I want to make sure that I get the longer leadscrew so I can get the full travel for Y.

Missing Parts (I don't know what to call them so I'll try to describe them.)

1-Ballscrew and nut
    2-Motor mount extensions
    1-Ballscrew mounting bracket
    1-set of bearings and mounts used to attach the ballscrew to the mounting bracket

I found a picture of a conversion kit on the internet and edited it to show the parts that I'm missing.

Please let me know what steps we need to take next...

Thanks
    PC

we will prepare it and quote the cost for you.
    do you have eamil address to us directly,then Mr wang will working on for you.
    [email protected]
    xushuo
    Syil.china.

They're Charging for What They Never Shipped

They shipped it incomplete and now they're charging you for them!!! Guess I'd better reconsider

from this ebay x3 we can konw it is a sx3 cnc not a convertion kits cnc.
    so,it is impossible we lost a ballscrew to sent customers.

yes,you buy from another guy maybe he lost or demege some parts.
    we can not require you or him to sent back bad parts back to china or syil america(we usually sent RMA after receive bad parts)
    but we need charge the cost.please understand.

also,you better give me that seller contact info,then i can check the customer list to konw when he take this machine,and where he take?
    ok?
    don`t worry,Mr wang have been collect the parts for you.
    xushuo
    www.syil.com.cn

Syil and gerryv,

I'm actually the lucky new owner of the mill in question, so let me clear this up!

The machine was complete when purchased. The problem was that the machine was sent to the home position but the home sensor wasn't aligned correctly so it never stopped. The nut hit the clip at the end of the screw, the clip popped off, and Y kept going! (Newer machines have a pin added to prevent this.) This caused the bearings to fall out of the nut. The previous owner didn't know how to reload the nut so he sent the entire Y mechanism back to China. The problem is that now the parts can't be located.

I've been working with both Syil America and Syil China to resolve this. I must say that I've found them both to be very responsive! I'm confident that this is going to be resolved soon, but so far I'd say that working with both the US and China offices has been a pleasure. Every email and phone call has been replied to.

I am worried about the cost as it wasn't odonatas' fault that the machine was damaged to begin with and I just don't understand why the parts can't be located. I'll make sure to update this thread with the details after this is resolved.

Sorry this is so long...

Thanks,
    PC
    (Can't wait to get some chips slingin'!)

dear,
    we never got any customer from USA sent back ballscrews.but we sent some to syil america.during them visit china i also remember take ballscrews back to USA.
    so,that is why i never got this message from Mr wang.
    anyway whatever it is coming or not,we frist prepare the parts for you,
    Mr wang will sent emails to you regards the list.

also,if possible better give me who is sell this machine to you info.i mean name and contact info.then i can check
    xushuo

Hi odonatas and Plunge Cut. Welcome to the Zone!

I was going to buy a syil SX3 once. But seeing all the problems, I figured I could convert a Grizzly G0619 for the same money, using Geckos & good components, and have a lot less hassle. It has turned out very well, and I have a machine that is BETTER than a Syil in many ways.

I figure the time spent converting may have been less than the Syil downtime. Now, seeing how they welch on a warranty, deny losing the parts--And then charge the customer for THEIR mistake, I'm sure not sorry.

Syil would have been far better off to just cheerfully send the man what he needed.

CR.

Sounds like- " No tickee- no laundry"

The missing parts have been replaced and the CNC is operational! The parts actually came in on Friday, but I was too busy playing with the mill to update this thread! Since then, some nice chunks of aluminum have been successfully converted into piles of worthless chips and I couldn’t be happier about it!

I installed the parts, plugged in the computer, started up Mach3, and knocked out a circular pocket right off the bat! I even found time to make at least one useful part – must have been a weak moment.

Syil China actually supplied the parts free of cost! They’re shipping the parts to their US distributor who sent me parts from their stock so I wouldn’t have to wait for the parts to arrive from China.

I must say I’m very impressed with the level of support that I got from Syil in both the US and China. Literally every email I sent to China got a reply the same day! There was even one evening that we were exchanging emails every few minutes – I wish I could get service like this good from my Toyota dealer! The US support was simply awesome, without their help coordinating this I’d still have big boat anchor! If you’re considering a Syil CNC, don’t worry about the support - it’s great!

To sum this up… two year old machine bought off eBay and I got service like I paid cash yesterday! Mmmm… perhaps I have room for a C6!

Thanks Syil,
    PC

Good news- Looks like even the Syil folks in China recognize the true state of the economy. Companies that survive this downturn must deliver price,function and service. Smithy recently took a major hammering on poor quality and service until the big boss stepped in and sorted things out.

It's good to hear that things have all been sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Good Job Syil!

CR.