584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Drip Feed

Page 1 of 2 12

Drip Feed

I am trying to drip feed from bob/cad 21 to a fanuc om. I keep getting a O87 alarm. I know it can be done because i did it before. I have read all the posts on the subject(or most). I have gone into the port settings and change the slider to low.

The machine trys to run but i get the alarm. Also the program number doesnt show up on the screen.

Can any one tell me how i should have the controller set up. Is it >tape mode>then cycle start>then send program from computer

Did you read the PDF in this Post?
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62357
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

i can get the spindle to come on. I have the program number. But i still get the alarm. For whatever reason it wont shut of when the buffer gets full.

i am sure that last time all i had to so was go into the device manager on the pc and turn the slider back.

will try a line delay on bobcad to see if i can slow it down enough to get through the tool change and rapid moves

line delay doesnt work...get the program to run but translates way to much into the progam...makes it run in little jerky moves with the same delay i put in..

as near as i can tell something is not sending or getting the signal to turn of the data flow...

Can anyone tell me what parameter G127.5 is and where or how can you find it...
    is that the problem

G127.5 is a bit that is turned on in the ladder (PMC to CNC), usually the MTB has to program it into the ladder when the machine is commissioned, via a switch somewhere on the panel or in the enclosure.
    What cable are you using, is the software set for XON/XOFF?
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    G127.5 is a bit that is turned on in the ladder (PMC to CNC), usually the MTB has to program it into the ladder when the machine is commissioned, via a switch somewhere on the panel or in the enclosure.
    What cable are you using, is the software set for XON/XOFF?
    Al.
    Not sure how to explain what cable i am using. All i know is it was made for us. And it has worked for a while now. i will look to see if it is damaged. Is it possible for the cable to be damaged and still send programs. The program sends fine....it just wont stop sending. Does the signal come back from the controller via a different wire than the program goes to it.

If i go to dianostics and bring up bit 127 it shows all zero's. Is that the one? Does that parameter allow the controller to tell the pc to stop sending?

The software is set for xon/xoff. and so is the computer in the properties for the port. The software i am pretty sure is right. I have the baud rate at 4800, even parity, 2 stop bits , the othe number is 7. The handshake is software and the xon/xoff is checked.

Just seems weird to me...i have drip fed on this computer and mill before. That is why i cant understand it.

Drip feed

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Can anyone tell me what parameter G127.5 is and where or how can you find it...
    is that the problem
    You can see G127.5 if you push DIAGNOS/PARAM button some time( or pushed DIAGNOS/PARAM one, then soft key Diagnos), key in No. then 172 then INPUT
    Do you mean you need to make DNC mode( run program directly from PC)?

Quote Originally Posted by Namnp2007 View Post
    You can see G127.5 if you push DIAGNOS/PARAM button some time( or pushed DIAGNOS/PARAM one, then soft key Diagnos), key in No. then 172 then INPUT
    Do you mean you need to make DNC mode( run program directly from PC)?
    yes...i am trying to drip feed from a pc. It is a large program.

to run trough this step by step to start ..

1. turn knob to tape mode
    2. push cycle start it lights up green and get the lsk flashing
    3. send from pc
    4. spindle orients and then i get the 087 alarm

that is what i am doing is it right?

one thing i do notice is that the computer never waits for the controller even when just sending a program to memory. I have to have the controller ready to recieve before i hit send. I had a laptop that would wait for the controller after the first time they comunicated. Could the computer just be ignoring the controller?

I am grasping at straws here...

ok...when i have parameter 127 up in dia. i see 00100000...can anyone tell me what that means..

ok...seems like i have either a fried memory board that will only let data in but not out or it is something on the pc end.

i cant output data to the software...this is after an hour on the phone with fanuc...

is there a way to test if a signal is going out from the controller?

Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    is there a way to test if a signal is going out from the controller?
    In diag screen, at 127 if you see 00100000 that is 127#5 have been turned on.
    You may check communication parameter on both PC and NC. Try to punch out program or parameter to PC to see if it is posible.
    P/S 087 is comunication alarm. Check setting screen, if I/O=0 then check parameter 2, if I/O=1 check parameter 12, also check boudrate parameter. Usually paramter is 7,2,e and 4800 in fanuc system (7 data, 2 stop bits, even parity checking, and baudrate 4800).

Try to change RS232 from M5 to M74 (turn on a option parameter bit).

If all above tries fail, I think you should change mem card.

If posible send me parameter, I'll check for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jung View Post
    In diag screen, at 127 if you see 00100000 that is 127#5 have been turned on.
    You may check communication parameter on both PC and NC. Try to punch out program or parameter to PC to see if it is posible.
    P/S 087 is comunication alarm. Check setting screen, if I/O=0 then check parameter 2, if I/O=1 check parameter 12, also check boudrate parameter. Usually paramter is 7,2,e and 4800 in fanuc system (7 data, 2 stop bits, even parity checking, and baudrate 4800).

Try to change RS232 from M5 to M74 (turn on a option parameter bit).

If all above tries fail, I think you should change mem card.

If posible send me parameter, I'll check for you.
    I went through all of this with the fanuc tech support. when we switched from M5 to M74 we got an 086 error. Also couldnt send from controller to pc. Next thing i am going to try is another pc, but that seems to be cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I am thinking that the memory card is shot so that will be for later down the road. I will just have to keep programs small so i can load them right to the controller and not have to drip feed.

Thanks to everyone for all your help...

Ok...new day new trouble... now i can't send a small program to the controller. How much is a memory board and what is involved in changing it.

What usually happens when a 087 shows up, is that the CNC tells the PC to stop sending via software handshake, the PC can send up to 10 characters after it receives a XOFF, if the PC carries on sending after 10 chrs, the CNC issues a 087.
    It would appear that your software may be ignoring the XOFF for some reason?
    Al.

Albert E.

Page 1 of 2 12