585,573 active members*
3,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

solid cam itnc 530 post

hi everybody i am searching for a post prozessor für my kunzmann ba 1000 with heidenhein itnc 530. where can i get one ?`
    greetings livesteamer

There a number of H'hain iTNC 530 posts in the library that installs with SolidCAM, but not sure if there is one for your particular machine. Your reseller has access to the archive of post processors which has hundreds of the things and probably has one of you machine. If there isn't a post for your machine, it is not a big job to edit an existing H'hain post to make it machine specific.

Some questions

What sort of work are you doing? 2D? 3D? 3 + 2? 5 axis? If you are doing 3 + 2 or 5 axis you need to know what approach you want to take with the rotary axes - either Cycle 19 or PLANE SPATIAL for the 3 + 2 stuff and how you want to manage M128 in the 5 axis machining.

What sort of machine specific M codes or cycles do you need to accomodate i.e. coolant, thro' tool coolant, swarf conveyor.

Finally, how do want to manage tool changes? For example do you need to have moves that make sure the tool avoids the workpiece before and after tool change? What about positioning the rotary axes (assuming that you have them).

hi there i will work 2d and 3d with 3 axes
    it would be great if you can help me with the post prozessor. my reseller wants 750 euro for one pos processor.
    Tool changes will be made automatically.
    greeting livesteamer

Quote Originally Posted by livesteamer View Post
    hi there i will work 2d and 3d with 3 axes
    it would be great if you can help me with the post prozessor. my reseller wants 750 euro for one pos processor.
    Tool changes will be made automatically.
    greeting livesteamer
    Good morning LiveSteamer. In your SolidCAM folder (C:\Program Files\SolidCAM) there should be a folder called "GPPtool". Have a look in there for all the posts that are installed as a default when SolidCAM is installed. There should be some DMG posts which are based around H'hain iTNC430 which will be fine for what you want (a clever thing about H'hain - it is always backwardly compatible so a iTNC530 will run programs written for iTNC430 or even TNC145).

Go to the SolidCAM website and download the GPP Users manual from the users download area. This will help you make the changes to the post to suit your machine. Can you program in Visual Basic? If so, writing a post will hold no fear for you.